Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well 2.11A is out. This fixes all known problems and a few mistakes I made, like having the engineer require iron.

Get the upgrade here.

Or download the full version here.

Let me know if you run into any problems and I'll fix them as soon as possible.

Enjoy.
    Yours in gaming,
    ~Luc

Comment

• To anyone who would like to help us test the new combat model, send me an email.

This is still preliminary, as we want to see how the stats work out in general before we decide the exact stats.

This also tests some terrain balancing. Again just send me an email and I'll get you the file.
      Yours in gaming,
      ~Luc

Comment

• Latest tests

What a HUGH difference from the orignal game. It takes on a whole new way of playing due to the added wonders, terrain modifications, new units. Just alittle more tweaking and this will be one of the best mods out there currently (in my opinion) I think it is now but I may be bias
        Thanks ~ Desert Fox (Real Nickname)
        Fleet Admiral - NeoTech Games Network - Game News & Game Modding Community

Comment

• Thanks Desert Dog, glad to hear you are enjoying it. Hope you keep enjoying it. Type at you guys later.
          Yours in gaming,
          ~Luc

Comment

• It's great to see that the balancer mod is still alive and well. For while there it seemed as if there were going to be no more updates. I'd like to say first off if it had not been for this mod I would have quit playing civilization 3 awhile ago. Anyway I had been just sticking to the normal version as with the new changes with the patches the mod did not seem as necessary.

But now that I've had the chance to download the newer version of the balancer I'm glad I did. It's still alot of fun to play, with the new units and what-not which have been added. I'd like to say that you guys are doing a great job with it. Keeps getting better and better. Although I've not been able to play through an entire game with the new version yet, I hope to get that finished later tonight.

By far this is one of the best MOD's i've used for Civ3.

So keep up the good work!

Chaing
            You're a star-belly sneech, you suck it like a leech! You want everyone to act like you. Kiss ass while you ***** so you can get rich while your boss gets richer off you! Well you'll work harder with a gun in your back, for a bowl of rice a day. Slave to soldiers til you starve, then your heads impaled on a stake!

The framework of the world is - black and white! The infrastructure builders - flex their might! Turning true emotion into digital expression, one by one we all fall down. The grey race shrivels, trapped inside. The world it creates is black and white.

Comment

• Thanks, that means a lot. Glad we could help out and I am happy to hear how much you enjoy it. That is the whole point afterall. Any feedback on how we could improve it? It doesn't have to be constructive.
              Yours in gaming,
              ~Luc

Comment

• I have not checked your mod lately so excuse me if what I'm suggesting has already been implemented.

It seems later in the game the value of forests is such that everyone chops them down as mines have better advantages. Would it not be wise to some how implement an advantage to having forests but not so much as to the whole world going in a forest frenzy and everyone builds them. We look at the world today and see how valuable a forest is to the survival of the planet. Is this a good idea or not ?

Comment

• Well I have been considering that very concept. In fact, it has been to make all of the terrain more distinct. Given there are some types of terrain that are better than others, but I didn't want forests to be uterly useless, although with the advent of railroads I don't think there is anything I can do about that. We are still working out the balancing act of the terrain tiles, the last setting I had was a little too low, it was pretty fun but caused very slow growth and production. I think we have the growth down now, maybe an adjustment or two, but to get the production balanced is a bigger issue, because everything that has anything to do with shields is involved.

Thanks for the feedback, BTW, we do appreciate it.
                  Yours in gaming,
                  ~Luc

Comment

• I've been playing the latest version and have noticed each civ in my game has a huge amount of money. I'm still in the first age (500AD now) and we all have between 500 and 1000 gold. Whats the reasoning behind this ?? I'm just curious. Great mod so far.

Comment

• I believe that is the result of the extra food we gave. The next update (not patch fix) will change the terrain stats, so that won't be a problem. We are still working out the exact stats, but we are very close.
                      Yours in gaming,
                      ~Luc

Comment

• Worth while!

Originally posted by Elucidus
                        Thanks, that means a lot. Glad we could help out and I am happy to hear how much you enjoy it. That is the whole point afterall. Any feedback on how we could improve it? It doesn't have to be constructive.
                        This makes all those hours of testing all worth while . Elucidus has really made a marked improvement to civ3 with this mod. There are some other good mods, but not like this one. Of course this mod does not crash like some others do. Elucidus is dedicated to making this mod completely balanced as possible with his new combat system. Well I have a bias opinion I suppose just try out the mod yourself. It is still in beta keep in mind.
                        Thanks ~ Desert Fox (Real Nickname)
                        Fleet Admiral - NeoTech Games Network - Game News & Game Modding Community

Comment

• I just had a crash. I'm into the industrial age and have just built newtons college. I receive 2 free advances, I select Steam Power and then communism. After being told my scientists have researched communism the game then crashes. Is it a known issue ? or just a freak crash ?

Comment

• I am about to post 2.11B, if that doesn't fix your problem, send your savegame here

EDIT: You can get 2.11B here.

2.11B basically is a few fixes. It is just a patch update so no need to downoad the multiple meg file just for that. I am looking at releasing 2.12, which adds a couple of early naval units, but I am trying to finish up one of the animations for it first.
                            Last edited by Elucidus; April 6, 2002, 00:37.
                            Yours in gaming,
                            ~Luc

Comment

• I tried replaying from the last autosave point and this went through past the point of the last crash and am everything is fine. Can I use 2.11b with my 2.11a save game??

Comment

• yes, 2.11B should be fine with the other savegames.

Glad it cleared up for you./ Let me know if you have any other problems.
                                Yours in gaming,
                                ~Luc

Comment

Working...
                                X