Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Modmakers Tutorial: How to add new units, improvements, wonders, and technologys!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In the game editor, load your new unit and to the left are those little icons, you need only scroll through them and pick an icon that suits you.

Now, getting the Civilopedia entry done is nice, however you need to add P-51 unit animations into the unit scenario file, the hard way of course, and this still is not enough, you have to set flags in unit notepad in order that it picks up sounds, animations etc.

Complicated, yes and in reading your question, you are not dumb but this is difficult and I am not sure I am reading your question correctly.

So go here and follow the links, directions for to add units to Conquests.

Discuss the art of creation and post your completed modpacks, maps, or utility programs in the completed files forums.
    The Graveyard Keeper
    Of Creation Forum
    If I can't answer you don't worry
    I'll send you elsewhere

Comment

• Actually, I've found an animation since and I got it working thanks to the read me with it.

My problem was I thought those Icons came with animations suitable for the new units instead of just being a build queqe thing. I've since got it.

And I didn't think I was dumb, just asking a potentially dumb question.

Comment

• My question now is there any way to add units to the default Conquests game?

Comment

• And yet another question, is there any way to make it so that an air unit cannot be transported by a carrier? I prefer the idea of having the P-51 and B-29 (aka heavy bomber) as purely land based units.

Comment

• There may be a 'a can be loaded' tag in the editor for aircraft, not having done same, it may also be regarded as 'mobile airbase' and thus no.

By 'default' you mean to modify an epic game with no map yet designated? Well the answer is yes anyway for Conquest is essentially just a 'mod' of CIV3. With that all the various conquest can be modded. I sometimes get other peoples mod and import my maps into them, all and all it is all very versitle.

No matter about the 'dumb' remark it was late, nothing personal. Glad things worked out!

Antrine
            The Graveyard Keeper
            Of Creation Forum
            I'll send you elsewhere

Comment

• Originally posted by Antrine
              There may be a 'a can be loaded' tag in the editor for aircraft, not having done same, it may also be regarded as 'mobile airbase' and thus no.
              I don't see any tag in the aircraft that allows that. It kind sucks because it hurts the point of having them if they're allowed on carriers. Oh well I guess.

Originally posted by Antrine By 'default' you mean to modify an epic game with no map yet designated? Well the answer is yes anyway for Conquest is essentially just a 'mod' of CIV3. With that all the various conquest can be modded. I sometimes get other peoples mod and import my maps into them, all and all it is all very versitle.
              How is it I do that?

Comment

• Start-up Conquest Editor, it will be titled 'Civ3QEdit - Untitled'. This is default I believe. However, to be prudent for it is unnecessary to spoil it to get where you might what to go; I would instead do a 'Save As' and title it 'My Mod whatever'. Why?, If you need reference to the settings unspoiled, well they are there without having to re-install.

Versatile, because you can 'import' (after you save as to something) by File/import in the game editor and in import you can select to import only map or starting positions, a few choices there. Or from the other way load up someone else's mod, rename it and then import your own premade maps into it.

Now after modding you want to explore more modding on a base scenario (yours or someone elses) and not do all the work, well just go to the Scenario Tab/Scenario Properties and down on left to Scenario Search Folder and type the exact 'name' of any other Conquest Mod and save out. Now this mod will behave as the one you have referred to, units, improvements and all.

And of course for clarity save/place these mods in either the Civ Content File or the Conquests file, so when at start up the game will load either way. Does not matter much. Just habit, I got both files full of mods, maybe 75 now or so.

I hope this helps!

Happy modding,
                Last edited by Antrine; October 7, 2004, 23:23.
                The Graveyard Keeper
                Of Creation Forum
                I'll send you elsewhere

Comment

• were can i get the civ3copy file tool i cant find it any were pls can u give a link

Comment

• is there any way on editing the civ3mod.bic file fomr a word document becasue i cant i can open it in wordpad and it comse up with this wired encripted text how can i change it to all text

Comment

• oh

Comment

Working...
                      X