No announcement yet.

GRAPHIC: Labels on Strategic Resources

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a shameless praise of this idea and its' realization.

This mod has been the single thing I have without hesitation used on every Civ3 game I started past the first one - it has made things oh so much easier - and I am certainly not alone there. Quite often in the Creation section and in ppl's screenshots to go with bragging rights about their latest kick-ass city or as evidence of another bug, I see the resource tags.

/silly mode on/

On behalf of all those who play Civ3 everywhere, I would like to present all involved in the making of these mods (multiple ppl, multiple versions of the mod) with a smiley face , a handshake , and keen expectation at those selfsame creative geniuses finding more such ideas that SO should be major parts of Firaxis' public beta team's submissions.
    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

heed,

your graphic take on resources.pcx is my favorite. when i got a new computer this is the file that was a must have that i just couldn't find anywhere!

mizaq

Comment

Wow, thanks I'm glad I went with my intuition and published the file - guess I'm not the only one with old weary eyes

Eventually I decided to use Skanky Burns variant (more readable letters than mine and 's on the Luxuries), but everyone seems to have their own personal favorite, which is great - the mod-community is everything I love about the Internet: Relaxed discussion, creative contribution and openness to new ideas, no matter how insignificant the seem.

I only wish Firaxis would put labels in a separate file and make it a toggle option in-game, just like the grid - then even people who, unfortunately, never read Civ3 forums would benefit from the improved interface...

Comment

How I can make new resources_:
          Traigo sueños, tristezas, alegrías, mansedumbres, democracias quebradas como cántaros,
          religiones mohosas hasta el alma...

Comment

Since I am a science-geek, I would prefer the chemical signatures instead of the initial letters. Fe for iron, Al for alumin(i)um, NO3 for saltpeter and so on.
            The difference between industrial society and information society:
            In an industrial society you take a shower when you have come home from work.
            In an information society you take a shower before leaving for work.

Comment

Well, that'd work with the basic elements, but what about "Rubber" and "Horses"?

Comment

I am rubber, you are glue.

Well, call them "H" and "R". R is unused afaik, and nobody would think that an H by a horse means hydrogen.
                The difference between industrial society and information society:
                In an industrial society you take a shower when you have come home from work.
                In an information society you take a shower before leaving for work.

Comment

Personally I prefer large singe letters lige "A" and "S" to "Al" and NO3", simply because they're easier to spot (which was the whole idea). However if you think other people might benefit from displaying 5 of the 8 resource names by their correct molecular designation, I suggest you modify the letters - it's real easy, even if you got no graphic talent whatsoever

Comment

Hey, I'd love that! Anyone working on it?
                    I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

digging out an old thread...

maybe anyone can help me:

the link to Heed's resources on the first page of this thread no longer works...i would really like to have these resources, so if someone still has a copy of them, could please provide a link or the .pcx file?

thanks a lot

Comment

Working...
                      X