Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lockups

I got civ3 the second day it came out. I have a pentium 2 400
    256 ram, nvidia mx 32megs, The game can play smoothly for quite a while and suddenly I get locked up and have to reboot. I've shut off everything else that runs, played with the accelerator settings, I'm done. If a patch comes out that fixes it, that'll be great. I've read about alot of other problems, anyone experience similar ones? Any solutions?
    Thanks.

Watching posts here and watching my own resource levels. I am stating to wonder if they have a memory release problem.

Start game I have a 30 meg Swap file and 15% used resources. Oh, this is a P II 500, 64Meg Mem.

By the time the game was up and running, I was at 89% resources and the swap file had grown a meg. to 31 meg.

After an hours play the resources was 99% and 200 meg swap file.

I am going to create a more detailed exam and post it here later.

David

Comment

So far, I've had four lock-ups. They occur in the individual city screens and only at the beginning of a turn when you're prompted for new production. I think it's more of a programming issue than resource management as Civ III is the only thing running at the time. At least there aren't any "Illegal Operation" notices that plagued me in Alien Crossfire.

Comment

Working...
      X