No announcement yet.

GRAPHIC: New Wonder Screens with Info!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GRAPHIC: New Wonder Screens with Info!

Annoying thing about CIV3 wonders....

The *picture* pops up and there's no info about what the wonder does, how much culture it provides, when it expires and what kind of civilizations can get a Golden Age because of the wonder.

So I whipped up a Photoshop Action to modify the original PCX files to include the info.

The number in the circle on the bottom right is the culture points, and the highlighted (if applicable) letters on the bottom left indicate what type of cultures benefit from possible Golden Ages because of this wonder. The text inside the window obviously tells you what the Wonder does and when (if) it expires.

I also added a modified Wonder Screen that has two legends, one that explains the meaning of the letters: C E I M R S (Commercial, Expansionist, Industrious, Militaristic, Religious, Scientific) and the other that tells you what traits the different civs have.

The zip file contains all instructions (pretty straightforward, backup and copy over the PCXs basically).

MarkG,

can you guys host the 2MB file?

I currently have it on my isp but the bandwidth and the storage space are way too small to support the file if any number of civers decide they want to download it.

you can access the file at:

I'm attaching one example, the updated picture of Leonardo's Workshop.

Alessandro
    Attached Files

cool
    Attached Files
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Last edited by MarkG; November 3, 2001, 08:01.
      Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
      Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
      giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Cool. I'll try it out, thanks.

Comment

"Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Hey?! I read somewhere in these forums that there aren´t Wonder movies (incredible...) ... And now this?! Is it really a single picture about the wonder that pops up for us? Without any info? Without even the *name* of the Wonder??

It´s very sad... We were supposed to be able to *modify* some aspects of the game (graphics, text), so we could customize it a little... But I don´t thing *finishing* its features is fun. Specially when you have paid for it.
            :::::::::::::
            Craftsman

Comment

Cool. What program did you use to add the info frames because I notice that it is slightly transparent. I'd like to make new wonders (using my Hagia Sophia, Acropolis, and Blue Mosque pictures) and I'd like to stick to your format.

Thanks
              Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

kewl that helps a lot.. gj!

Comment

Originally posted by Craftsman
                  Hey?! I read somewhere in these forums that there aren´t Wonder movies (incredible...) ... And now this?! Is it really a single picture about the wonder that pops up for us? Without any info? Without even the *name* of the Wonder??
                  Uh.... yeah.

But.... not anymore!

It´s very sad... We were supposed to be able to *modify* some aspects of the game (graphics, text), so we could customize it a little... But I don´t thing *finishing* its features is fun.
                  Uhmmm... actually.... I had *A LOT* of fun!!!!! But I understand what you're saying!

Specially when you have paid for it.
                  True.

But, you can get my update for Free!!!

Comment

Here's another shot.

In this case I'm comparing the retarded original pic for the Sistine Chapel, to my updated one.

heck, at least mine is the Sistine chapel

...the one that came witht the game looks like it should be "Medieval small French Prison"

Please provide any feedback on the images.

I'm 100% sure I got the "What the wonder does" correct, but there is a remote (I double-checked so I'm hoping there isn't) possibility that I *could* have gotten the Culture or civ golden age things wrong.... so if you like this and want to thank me, the best way of thanking me is to spend 15 minutes flippin' thru the Civilopedia and letting me know if I accidentally messed any up!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by E
                      Cool. What program did you use to add the info frames because I notice that it is slightly transparent. I'd like to make new wonders (using my Hagia Sophia, Acropolis, and Blue Mosque pictures) and I'd like to stick to your format.
                      Thanks
                      Cool. Let us know when you have these. All three are excellent choices as Wonders. And thanks, Che Palle.
                      No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                      "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Originally posted by E

Thanks
                        Photoshop!

Why, there are other graphic programs?

If you have Photoshop I'll be happy to send you the source file (basically the PS file that overlays the original image (the image NEEDS to be previously sized appropriatelly, or you can't use the ACTION)

and the action to put them together.

At any rate if you're proficient with photoshop the action isn't necessary, not a lot of steps, but I had to modify a bunch of files... for 3-4 it's no biggie at all to do it manually.

lemme know!

Alessandro

P.S. If you don't have photoshop but have the pictures, feel absolutely free to ship those off to me and I'll be happy to do the overlaying for you. I'd appreciate it if you send the files already using the CIV3 standard name, so I don't have to go thru all of them trying to figure out which wonder this should be.

P.P.S. stay tuned and look for my "Newsflash: Domestic Advisor FIRED!!!" thread in the creation forum... apparently one Presley, Elvis may have applied for the job

and here's the link

Comment

PShop revisited...

Photoshop!

Why, there are other graphic programs?

Totally of-topic but what can I do? ...

Actually there are other graphic programs... My boss decided to buy a lot of Macromedia stuff some three months back and I started to experiment with Fireworks. It took some time but it has grown on me and I hardly use PShop anymore... No more switching between PShop and ImageReady for me

Back to the topic: you really did an awesome job here, the pics look really great. I'm downloading them as we speak... Tnx, you make a great game (at first glance that is...) even more enjoyable...
                          Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                          And notifying the next of kin
                          Once again...

Comment

Originally posted by Che Palle
                            In this case I'm comparing the retarded original pic for the Sistine Chapel, to my updated one.

heck, at least mine is the Sistine chapel

...the one that came witht the game looks like it should be "Medieval small French Prison"
                            Indeed!!!

I must have to take off the hat for you, Che Palle!! You´re really doing a great work!
                            Craftsman

Comment

Originally posted by Craftsman

Indeed!!!

I must have to take off the hat for you, Che Palle!! You´re really doing a great work!
                              You seemed to have enjoyed the humor, so I would humbly suggest you check out the thread in the CREATION FORUM titled: "NEWSLFLASH: Domestic Advisor Fired!!!" hint: ELVIS content

And for the record, I'm not an Elvis fan as he preceded my time, but I still think it's cool to have The King speaking for my people than some 3d rendered Mary Blandish chick

Comment

Working...
                              X