Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Please Update

Originally posted by Wolfshanze
    I love the new mountains that have been updated to match the grass, but the "old" file is still there with the bright-green grass!

Can someone please upload the NEW mountain graphics with the grass that matches the grass
    Also, I've still got several red mountains. Did I miss a file, or did Snoopy not change all of them, or what?

Marc

Comment

Does anybody know, if I copied the original mountain terrain type and replaced the original graphics with these, would I then get both red and gray mountains? I'd try, but, every time I try to use modified rules, the game crashes...

Would the terrain generator be able to use both types of mountain?
      "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

there are a few different types of mountains, so yes u will get some red ones, becoz i've only given u one set of mountains.

I want to give my opinion and say that the red mountains mixed with the grey make it look much better, having just the grey ones makes it quite dull looking.

I've fixed the grass, but it's not the same grass as yours, so if u like the grass u see below or don't mind it, I will upload the files so that the grass is correct.
        Attached Files
        be free

Comment

oh just in case no one has seen it, there is a pic in the credits dir

I think I will put it in the modpack
          Attached Files
          be free

Comment

I appreciate your work Snoopy, really I do. But for my own personal tastes, I would be happy just with grey mountains that match the original grass, and nothing more.

No red mountains, no "new" grass or hills... just grey mountains that match the original grass, and I would be very happy.

I'm sure there might be some old stogy folk out there who might agree with me... maybe you could release two versions... your "super snazzed up" terraign (as seen above), and your "plain old rocky mountain look" for those of us who don't like red mountains!

Wolfshanze Mod: for BtS... adds "flavored Civs", coal-fired navies, WWI units, plus Poland, Austria & Vietnam to Civ4!

Comment

I will, but u will have to wait until I have finished the way I feel it should look
              be free

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfshanze
                I appreciate your work Snoopy, really I do. But for my own personal tastes, I would be happy just with grey mountains that match the original grass, and nothing more.

No red mountains, no "new" grass or hills... just grey mountains that match the original grass, and I would be very happy.

I'm sure there might be some old stogy folk out there who might agree with me... maybe you could release two versions... your "super snazzed up" terraign (as seen above), and your "plain old rocky mountain look" for those of us who don't like red mountains!

Ain't we picky! But I kind of agree. Thing is, Nature doesn't always conform to our in-game aesthetics.

If you go the Rockies in Alberta or BC, it's stunning to see how uniformly GREY the mountains can be. Grass and trees at the base, snow on the caps, everywhere else grey shingle, grey slabs, grey peaks.

On the other hand, the mountains in Death Valley are RED.

And the Grampians are a gorgeous GREEN.

So, like: the colour of the mountains should depend on the tectonics (location) and weather (era) conditions, no?

Getting complicated. It's beyond me.

Comment

Clarification

Originally posted by Sn00py
                  I will, but u will have to wait until I have finished the way I feel it should look
                  I hope my post wasn't seen to be picky or unapreciative, or demanding something new.

To my knowledge, what I requested had already been done (there is a picture in this thread of EXACTLY what I was hoping to download... all grey mountains that matched the in-game grass).

From that picture, I thought this work was already done, which is why I asked for what I did... I wasn't asking (at least I thought I wasn't) for something new that wasn't already done.

Just a clarrification... good work Snoopy.
                  Wolfshanze Mod: for BtS... adds "flavored Civs", coal-fired navies, WWI units, plus Poland, Austria & Vietnam to Civ4!

Comment

Sn00py: all your civ3 graphics are great. I'm using them all, and loving it! Also like the fact that you didn't take out all the red mountains, because they look great together with the grey ones. It's a much richer look.

Comment

It is great that all these files are so nice changeable. Anyway when I get the game tomorrow I first will play a time with just the original settings. When there are coming some complete graphical mods, and there is an easy to apply/unapply them, I might try a few of them. When SnOOpy continues with the current speed he alone will have several different graphs mods in a few weeks time. That means that there can be choice, and that is really great.

Also for special mods, like a Middle Earth or a Pern mod, adapted graphics would be great.

Comment

Nice job!

Thanks for your work Snoopy! It really improves the game big time. I plan to try the raised land again. Last time I tried it the game crashed. Just before it did the land went black just as I was building my first city. Must be I installed it wrong.
                        My only gripe is with the coastline on your water mod. The coast color is perfect, but looks to square instead of smooth corners. Anyway to fix that? Once the patch is released I will have to get my fingers into making a mod! You guys got me inspired big time!

Desert Dog
                        Thanks ~ Desert Fox (Real Nickname)
                        Fleet Admiral - NeoTech Games Network - Game News & Game Modding Community

Comment

A smaller image...
                          Attached Files
                          Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Working...
                          X