Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TERRAIN: Rocky not Red Mountains

This file also includes greener hills

It doesn't match with the grass, but it's still good. The reason I am not including the grass, is because the file is too large to attach here yet. I'll put them all together when I have finished. I just wanna give you guys something to play with.

I didn't change all of the mountains. The ones with snow aren't changed and the ones with tree's aren't changed (I think it looks nice to have two different types of mountain anyway).

I've sent MarkG the raised land and blue sea just now, so you should be able to get them soon..

btw, the resources are clearer on this grass, oh and I have changed the pine tree's, they are much better now, the terrain doesn't look so cluttered and you can keep an eye on everything easily.

All you have to do is extract the files into the art/terrain/ directory under civ3's directory. and pls make sure you back up the original, coz otherwise u will have to reinstall civ3 if u don't like the gfx.
    Attached Files
    be free

Thank you. You had my predictions (and desires) come true when I had said several times in the past month, that by the first weekend, I want to see new mountains!

Comment

Looks great Snoopy!!
      Looking forward to next update

Willy

Comment

Screenshot!! Screenshot!!
        (civ-less begging... )
        :::::::::::::
        Craftsman

Comment

Pretty nice... But they dont fit with the terrain so good, thus making it look even more ugly than the normal mountains. And they still just pop out in the middle of the grass.
          The hills dont fit too.

Sorry I only critisized... But as you said, it's not done yet. Hopefully it will only improve.
          "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Here are the new mountains & hills, basking in there new found glory.

Almost feels like Civ2 again.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by CapTVK; November 2, 2001, 15:51.
            Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

I think the mountains look great. I just wish the grass matched better...

Good job!

Comment

Thanks a lot for posting, CapTVK!
                Anyone with an in-game screenshot using these civ2 mountains?
                Craftsman

Comment

And here are the hills (sorry about posting this so late, the forum traffic is a killer these days :P )
                  Attached Files
                  Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

Oh yes!!! Snoop comes through with the goods once again!! That looks terrific! Might I suggest a job at Firaxis? You obviously know what looks best for a game, better than the current Firaxis art director anyway :-)
                    Well, as soon as I get Civ 3 (still not out in Australia), I'll be downloading all these terrific mods!

Comment

Re: Rocky not Red Mountains

Originally posted by Sn00py
                      Again, great work Sn00py (not a surprise any more ). I wonder how improved this game will be in a few months...

Comment

Please post a screenshot of the new ocean also.

If you have time a before/after screenshot would be much appreciated by those like me who lack the game.

Comment

we need a screenshot of these mountains in the actual game

Comment

What I don't get it why Firaxis couldn't have done any of this graphics work!! Surely they realised that not every mountain in existance is a redish brown colour, right?

Also, did any snowy mountains get included in the game?
                            If the voices in my head paid rent, I'd be a very rich man

Comment

Zanzin, it took me roughly.. 10 minutes to change the color of those mountains. Why Firaxis didn't do this, I dunno..same goes for every other terrain.

btw I have fixed the grass for the mountains now.

I won't be releasing any more graphical work until I have finished everything; because I may keep making changes, and it will just be hassle for me, mark and everyone having all these updates.
                              be free

Comment

Working...
                              X