MAP: Civ 2 Huge earth map to Civ 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About That

Thanks AlmightyBob. You're right historically, the horses shouldn't have been in America. My only excuse is for the Iroquois, whose Unique Unit requires horses (and is useless once magnetism (sail ocean) is discovered). So that effectively makes removes their Unique Units from the game. So with the horses, I was thinking more game balance rather than historically accuracy. Nevertheless, the more I think about it... let the Iroquois suffer.

Regarding resources, chances are there will be 16+ civilizations playing on this map in most games, so I didn't see 11-20 (divided in say about 5 groups of 4) as easy to acquire that resource by any means. Finding even 1 of the 5 civs who have it would be hard enough, much less hoping they haven't traded their extras away by the time you meet them. And some, such as the Ivory, I left in 1 group & only in Africa (except 1 elephant I put in India for Gandi - Mr.WarElephant). As someone stated in another thread oil was quite abundanent at 1 time. Nevertheless, I don't mind any of the changes you made either. Glad you put in the goody huts & barbarian tribes too.

Comment

AlmightyBob: How big is your Earthmap?
      (Haven't got Civ3 yet - so have to ask)

But it looks good - I'll have to get the earthmap when I get my copy.

Comment

Hey Draco aka Se7eN , just so you know, I was really happy when you said you are making a 250 by 180 earth map!!!

If it's okay with you, I want to use that map for a contemporary world scenario I'm planning. When do you plan to have it finished?

Thanks!!

Comment

Ok, I downloaded the second file but when I tried it in civ3edit nothing came up, the map was blank. The first file, though, works.
          Strange.
          “If it had not been for the discontent of a few who had not been satisfied with their condition we would still be living in caves. Intelligent discontent is the mainspring of civilization.”
          --Eugene Debs

Comment

Never mind. Just downloaded the first one and it was the update.

My only problem is - where is the oil in Texas? Even our fine President, , got his money from oil in Texas.
            Last edited by rguilliman; November 4, 2001, 16:51.
            “If it had not been for the discontent of a few who had not been satisfied with their condition we would still be living in caves. Intelligent discontent is the mainspring of civilization.”
            --Eugene Debs

Comment

There are 3 to download:
              1st one - Bob
              2nd one - Pyrodrew
              3rd one - Bob

The 3rd one is just an empty ocean map. Not sure what happened there. Bob?

The 2nd one I know there was oil in Alaska & Saudi Arabia... and I put oil in Texas. Russia has heavy oil reserves too & I put 2 there.

Comment

Just one question; is the Civ3 Huge map bigger then the Civ2 (regular, not GE) huge map? Looking at those screenshots, it doesn't seem to be....can someone tell me the exact number of squares for the L and W for both of them so I can compare them? Thanks a bunch.

Comment

Well, sounds good but...

I downloaded and tried to open it in my editor but nothing showed up. Could you post the download again if this is happening to other people?

Also, how many people does this map support, it seems a lot smaller than the huge map that comes with the game, especially alaska! heh
                  Last edited by Sullustan; November 4, 2001, 20:08.

Comment

guys, please edit your posts accordingly so that there is only one version of the map and on the first post

thanks
                    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Also - how come all civs start in Siberia...every time I played on that map (which looks great btw) I started in the same place
                      "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
                      You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Actually, Bob, the native americans had horses before the europeans came, but they hunted them untill they were extinct!
                        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

horses

But horses (along with all other large animals) were eliminated from the North American continent before 4000 BC. This was one of the primary reasons, according to Jared Diamond in his book Guns, Germs and Steel, why most of the Native Americans never developed beyond hunter-gathers, even though most in the NE became sedintary.

But once horses arived from Europe those same natives were just as fast as anyone in assimilating them into their culture - eliminating the racist argument.
                          --Eugene Debs

Comment

ok i updated the map the way i was supposed to. I didn't realize I could edit old posts so i deleted the second one (the one that didn't work, ive got no idea what happened there) and i replaced the first post with my new one, hopfully it will work.

orange - you may need to edit the map and edit the starting civ placements, or download the new one, it has all the historical starting places, also i added goody huts and barbarian tribes.

Jeje2 - its the same size as the one in in civ 2, wich is 150 x 120, civ 2 actually reports this as 75 x 120 but the editors report the tile numbers differently and I found this out the hard way when i had to start the map over again after finishing the eastern half of the map and running out of room
                            "How can you shoot women and children?"
                            "Easy! You just don't lead 'em as much!
                            Ain't war hell?"
                            - Stanley Kubrick's Full Metal Jacket

Comment

Almighty Bob

Does your message to Orange mean that all civs will now start at their historically correct places? Can this be true? Please say 'yes'!!!

Comment

Sorry oriel94 that does not mean that the civs will start in thier specific places it means A civ will start in A historc place ie. I just played a game as the germans in england.
                                "How can you shoot women and children?"
                                "Easy! You just don't lead 'em as much!
                                Ain't war hell?"
                                - Stanley Kubrick's Full Metal Jacket

Comment

Working...
                                X