Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UTILITY: Civ3MultiTool - A thread for the Program ;)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Believe me, I know that the program seems not to start. However: Enter the Editor, open one of the BICs I've told you about and you'll see that it works.
    If not you seem to have a completely different problem than I.
    "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
    "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

• Korn,
      was the savegame created with or without the mod?
      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

• Korn, I get the right icons in the list, but You have not changed the Civilopedia entry for your unit.

Comment

• To the one with the Unexpected error:

Could anyone of you post a shot of that message. (The layout of it maybe can tell me what generates it) Also what versions of the vb5-runtimes do you use? (I have sp3)

Comment

• Gramphos

the save game was created before i added in the partisan

i then deleted the mod and started over...however i recreated the files in the exact same manner, and i did update my civliopedia

the partisan entry is between the rifleman and infantry entries in the civilipedia, because the first time i added in the partisan i copied the infantry unit and i put the partisan text before the infantry unit text and got the same error

Comment

• Originally posted by korn469
              the save game was created before i added in the partisan
              Then it must be some way that the save is stored.

i then deleted the mod and started over...however i recreated the files in the exact same manner, and i did update my civliopedia

Yes, but you didn't change the Civilopedia Entry in Civ3Edit after the copy.

the partisan entry is between the rifleman and infantry entries in the civilipedia, because the first time i added in the partisan i copied the infantry unit and i put the partisan text before the infantry unit text and got the same error
              The order in the file doesn't matter.
              Last edited by Gramphos; November 21, 2001, 17:58.

Comment

• Grampos check out this weirdness,

look at the settler and the worker in the build queue and then when you discover communism (in 1600bc, should be 1 turn) look at the partisan...any help you can give me would be very appreciated
                Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Gramphos
                  To the one with the Unexpected error:

what versions of the vb5-runtimes do you use? (I have sp3)
                  where I can find that information?
                  On my HDD only are Vbrun200.dll + Vbrun300.dll
                  If I need more/other, pls tell where I can download they
                  http://AlphaCentauri.US/ in English and German
                  http://civ3.2be.cc/
                  http://1steuro.net/

Comment

• Originally posted by Dreifels
                    where I can find that information?
                    On my HDD only are Vbrun200.dll + Vbrun300.dll
                    If I need more/other, pls tell where I can download they
                    The file is named Msvbvm50.dll and the version I have is 05.00.4319 (SP2). It also uses Comdlg32.ocx; my version is 6.00.8418.

Comment

Grampos check out this weirdness,

look at the settler and the worker in the build queue and then when you discover communism (in 1600bc, should be 1 turn) look at the partisan...any help you can give me would be very appreciated
                      Right now I can't load that sav. It crashes at 57%, and yes, I changed the civ3mod.bic. I'll try later, but right now my brother wants to play Civ3.

Comment

• grampos if you can help me figure this problem out i will appreciate it soooooooo much

Comment

• v0.70

A big step forward. The tool now have an integrated SaveGame - UnitEditor. (That can change the position, damage, movements left, experience level, owner civ and unit type for the units in a game.) It can not yet add units. I'm working on decoding more parts of the Savegames, but this was the first working version I got. It can load both files that uses civ3mod.bic and files with custom rules. (The rules are the reason for the integration. I maybe will split them up later, and use a common DLL file for load and save.)

The Tool will now require one more VB runtime (comctl32.ocx) (and therefore I leave the last file up for a while (until I change the copyfunctions again))

Out after 2 downloads
                          Last edited by Gramphos; November 22, 2001, 14:12.

Comment

grampos if you can help me figure this problem out i will appreciate it soooooooo much
                            Something is very wrong with that savegame. My Tool can't read it either. I'll try again when I'm at the other computer.

Comment

• The error is very odd, i don't recall have any problems with vb programs before. as i have said i have vb5.0 learning edition installed on my computer, and i believe i have the correct files.

Here's what happens:
                              i unzip the file into a directory. there is just your exe there. then i run the exe and before anything happens (no forms/window and program doesn't appear on the takbar) i get a warning message box, with caption 'Error' and text 'Unexpected Error', with an OK button. That is all. I click OK and the program quits.

I think it is to do with vb or windows (ME) and not you program, because the program does not appear to actually start. Where can i get the service packs from, MS site? i guess that might be the problem.

How about you post the source code, i'd be very interested into how you did it

Comment

• Gramphos

i bet the reason you can't get it to load is that you don't have the partisan folder in your C:\civ3\Art\units directory, however it weighs in at over a meg so i can't upload it

Comment

Working...
                                X