Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UTILITY: Civ3MultiTool - A thread for the Program ;)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Copy Tool still has the same problem of not loading! Also i am not able to load the original civ3mod.bic File and then to copy the civilizations. After entering the File the tool does not activate anything. After pressing the LOAD - Button again, i always receive a File called "A"

Is something wrong with this tool or with me

I'm getting dissapointed ...

Paul

Comment

• Originally posted by pDecrinis
      The Copy Tool still has the same problem of not loading! Also i am not able to load the original civ3mod.bic File and then to copy the civilizations. After entering the File the tool does not activate anything. After pressing the LOAD - Button again, i always receive a File called "A"

Is something wrong with this tool or with me

I'm getting dissapointed ...

Paul
      It works for every one else...
      Can you tell me what system you try to run it on.
      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

• Wernazuma III:

Use the Hacked Editor: Civ3 Hacked Editor

It has the Add, Delete, and Rename Civilization buttons.

Gramphos: The hacked editor can approximately do what the copytool does, but it takes considerably more effort. For instance adding a new unit requires creating a new folder, copying in the appropriate art and ini, changing the ini, renaming, etc.

Basically it takes a lot more work to Add than it does to Copy, and it already takes enough effort as it is.
        Better to be wise for a second than stupid for an entire lifetime.

Creator of the LWC Mod for Civ3.

Comment

• v0.64.0001

When removing a map the ERA section number (4 bytes was removed as well (-->crash)). That is now fixed

out after 9 downloads
          Last edited by Gramphos; November 20, 2001, 17:53.

Comment

• i also can't get the program to work. i have vb 5.0 installed on my computer, so i have the relevant files. I get an "Unexpected Error" and nothing seems to happen. I hope someone can help me.

Comment

• just ignore the error, it still should work (it did in my case)
              "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
              "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

• I just found another copy/past-bug, interesting that noone have found it before. I'll give you until next version to tell what it is.

Comment

• v0.65

I finally got that save PCX function working, so now the icons for the buildings are copied as well.
                  Also I finished the textfile-modification for wonder copies, and I believe that a wonder copied with this tool can be used directly in the game.

Note, that you will need a corrected buildings-small.pcx to use this tool (there is an offset error in the original, (and you can notice it in the game. (AOW, Oracle cut in the bottom))). I'll post one in my next post.

If you have modified your own and not want to use the "almost" original pic, you can edit your own. Make the Wealth row 32 pixels as all other rows, and it will do fine.

Edited out after 196 Downloads. The Newer versions have changes to the CopyTool
                  Last edited by Gramphos; December 5, 2001, 15:01.

Comment

• Corrected buildings-small.pcx

You will need this to use Civ3CopyTool v0.65 and higher. (It also fixes some graphical errors with the game)

I recommend you to back up all files you replace.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Gramphos; November 20, 2001, 18:01.

Comment

• Gramphos

i love your copytool, however it gives me problems when i add units with it

adding buildings works fine however when i attempt to add units and then load a save game it gets to 48% and gives me the following error

DataIO operation System Error: CNSL

i can start new games
                      however they appear to run slow

i'd appreciate any help you could give me

Comment

• Originally posted by Wernazuma III
                        just ignore the error, it still should work (it did in my case)
                        I also hav ethis problem, and it doesn't help to ignore it! Actually, I get the message "Unexpected error", and when I click on the OK-button, the program quits! What am I supposed to do?
                        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• got same error message, but can't ignore, as it doesn't start. It exits before.
                          http://AlphaCentauri.US/ in English and German
                          http://civ3.2be.cc/
                          http://1steuro.net/

Comment

• Can you tell me what you do when you get the error, and is there a number for the error. Does the error come back if you restart?

korn, can you tell me, step by step, what you did when you added the units, and zip the save-game and the BIC together and attach?

Comment

• the information is complete above.
                              when clicking the file a small grey window error comes with the text see above.
                              and the ok button only.
                              click ok, and that's all.
                              program doesn't start.
                              http://AlphaCentauri.US/ in English and German
                              http://civ3.2be.cc/
                              http://1steuro.net/

Comment

• Gramphos

i copied the paratrooper unit and renamed it to partisan, i then added in a Partisan Icon text

#ICON_PRTO_Partisan
                                art\civilopedia\icons\units\05paratrooperlarge.pcx
                                art\civilopedia\icons\units\05paratroopersmall.pcx

between privateer and #end unit list

the save game wouldn't start

however the game would start if you selected new game but here is the problem

first the icon beside of the settler had became the modern age worker, (while in the actual build list it was the ancient age settler), then the worker didn't have an icon beside of it at all (while in the actual build list it was the correct unit), then my partisan unit didn't have an icon beside of it (while in the actual build list it was the ancient worker unit)

i'm attaching a zip with the relevant files
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X