Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UTILITY: Civ3MultiTool - A thread for the Program ;)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gramphos, do you know how the patch effects multitool yet?

Comment

• Geez, give the man a break, it only came out today!

Comment

• i ran the patch and then used the new civ3mod.bic file from the patch to make changes using the multitool. i then made some changes using the editor and then i entered the game and then tried to load the bic i just made and i get this error:

Invalid scenario version!
        Version 3.00 is no longer compatible.

It won't let me load up this new mod I made but it will let me load old mods that have had the editor used on them (the lwc mod for example).

Comment

• There's a post from Jeff stating that the wrong editor was sent out with the patch. 1.17f won't support any .bic saves made with it. You can get the proper one at Civfanatics.

Comment

• I have no idea, but as far as I understood from ther readme it would not be any changes to the BICs.

Now 2nd I've been out fo six hours now, and is a bit drunk, so don't rely to 100% to my posts.
            Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

• I am really puzzled: The game keeps crashing. Here are the specs of the Wonder:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Condor IS Radar

Advance: The Laser Cost: 100
              Goverment: Condor Culture: 20
              Production: 20
              Happy Faces: 10
              Happy (all cities): 10 Defense Bonus: 10

Militaristic: True
              Industrious: true
              Expansionist: true
              Scientific: true
              Religious: true
              Commercial: true

Veteran Ground Units
              Veteran Sea Units
              +50% Research Output
              +50% Luxury Output
              +50% Tax Output
              Resistance to Proparganda
              Reduces Coruption
              Reduces War Weariness

Gain in every city: Police Station
              Gain in every city on continent: Research Lab

Double Combat vs Barbarians
              +1 Ship Movement
              +1 Trade in each Trade producing Tile
              Doubles Research Output
              Halves unit upgrade cost
              +2 Free advances
              Doubles City Defenses

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What cant I have?
              "Never in the history of human conflict has so much been owed by so many to so few"
              "The bloody dog is dead"
              ------------------------------------------

Comment

• [deleted by Mizaq]

Comment

• You probably have way to much on there. In fact, is there anything you don't have? A wonder shouldn't have anymore than 1 maybe 2 attributes, that's probably why it's crashing. Frankly I think it's ludicrous to have so much, I would never consider a wonder like that!

PS, you have it building the police station and research lab. Do you have the proper tech for these? If not, that's probably the cause of your crash. Frankly, I think you should just scrap the whole thing, it's way to powerful.

Comment

• Ok, I'll remove 90% of the stuff.

If you think the wonder is too powerful, then I can understand, but its my first go at trying to make a add-on. This was ment to be a private mod, but since I've asked help from so many people, I dont think it would be right to leave it as a private mod.

The add-on is ment to almost be an alternate timeline. If I have the time/will/thought to mae it a alternate timeline mod, then I will. But frankly, I think I might just keep it to myself at the moment.

Thanks for the help anyhow.
                    "Never in the history of human conflict has so much been owed by so many to so few"
                    "The bloody dog is dead"

Comment

• [Double Post - sorry]
                      "The bloody dog is dead"

Comment

• I used the tool on the earth(huge) map. It created a file in the scenario directory, and I went over to insert NAMES and ID of various civilizations. But it doesn't work. Which names and ids correspond to which civilizations? I'm especially interested in putting the Americans at CORDS 52,56.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dutch
                          I used the tool on the earth(huge) map. It created a file in the scenario directory, and I went over to insert NAMES and ID of various civilizations. But it doesn't work. Which names and ids correspond to which civilizations? I'm especially interested in putting the Americans at CORDS 52,56.
                          You need to run CPT or the tool with a 4000 BC save and that CPF-file.

Comment

• Wraning to patch users!

The Add unit function will not work with the latest patch (1.17f) I'm working on a fix (without making it unuseable for 1.16f)

Comment

• Civilisation placement tool doesn't work with the new patch...see e-mail Gramphos.

Comment

• Originally posted by kittenOFchaos
                                Civilisation placement tool doesn't work with the new patch...see e-mail Gramphos.
                                I'm working on the problem. It is related to the add Unit problem I posted about here.

Comment

Working...
                                X