Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UTILITY: Civ3MultiTool - A thread for the Program ;)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Gramphos

Maybe you can help me. Last night I discovered that the game was reseting my science rate every turn. Very early in the game, I would set it at 10%, and the next turn it would go right back to 40%. I watched this happen for at least 10 turns. Then I tried the original Bic file and the problem didn't occur, so it has something to do with my mod. Any idea what might be causing it? I really don't want to start from scratch again, especially since the problem might just reappear again.

Comment

• Strange indeed. I've never run into something like this. Could you post the bic that gives you the problem?
      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

• Originally posted by Gramphos
        Dan has posted how to edit diplomacy.txt
        Thanks, Gramphos, it saved me some time. Now I just have to see how it works with 17 or 18 strings after #civ=1... I'll have an answer soon
        His Majesty the Emperor Augusto I

Comment

• Problem with Wonders(This si associated)

I copied using CopyTool 1 wonder: SETI Program, and 2 Improvements: Airport + Factory. I changed the names then the attributes. Then when I built the copied SETI Program I got an Illegal Operation messsage and Civ3 crashed.
          I hope you can help on how to resolve this problem.
          I posted this here because I heard that CopyTool might have something to do with this.

Condorswarm
          Last edited by Condorswarm; February 12, 2002, 15:50.
          "Never in the history of human conflict has so much been owed by so many to so few"
          "The bloody dog is dead"
          ------------------------------------------

Comment

• Re: Problem with Wonders(This si associated)

Originally posted by Condorswarm
            I copied using CopyTool 1 wonder: SETI Program, and 2 Improvements: Airport + Factory. I changed the names then the attributes. Then when I built the copied SETI Program I got an Illegal Operation messsage and Civ3 crashed.
            I hope you can help on how to resolve this problem.
            I posted this here because I heard that CopyTool might have something to do with this.

Condorswarm
            It is probable that you use an early version of the copy tool that made this error. To correct it, open the pediaicons.txt and search for
            art\wonder splash\SETI.pcx
            . If the line above is
            #WON_SPLASH_53
            seearch for next entry.

You should now have a line
            #WON_SPLASH_XX
            above your line.
            Until recently (check version history) that number is one too high. If you used a version before this was fixed, change it to be one less.

Comment

• An explanation:

All the numbers you see in the area Gramphos mentioned correspond to the order they appear in the list that you see in the editor. Battlefield Medicine is the last in that particular entry, I think the number is 63, then after that there are the space ship parts. Previous versions of CopyTool started the next available slot at 75, but it was actually 74. So if the numbers don't match the list, the game will crash as soon as the wonder is built, and the splash screen graphic comes up. It's the graphic that is causing the problem. Just make sure it is numbered properly in the pediaicons.txt file.

Comment

• Ok, thanks I'll try it.

Update:
                Do you miss out any of the items when counting because I count 30 when I reach Wealth in the list.
                Last edited by Condorswarm; February 12, 2002, 17:01.
                "Never in the history of human conflict has so much been owed by so many to so few"
                "The bloody dog is dead"

Comment

• Originally posted by Condorswarm
                  Ok, thanks I'll try it.

Update:
                  Do you miss out any of the items when counting because I count 30 when I reach Wealth in the list.
                  Hu?

Comment

• To see the index of a building you can use the copy tool (I dont know ehat version it was added in) and hold Control + Rightclick in the area under the Citizens. Then select a building.

Comment

• Grampos, i have two questions

1) can you reorganize buildings in the current version of the cmt? if not consider this a feature request

2) what is the difference between the small version and the full version?

Comment

• Originally posted by korn469
                        1) can you reorganize buildings in the current version of the cmt? if not consider this a feature request

No, I can't, and adding it would require.
                        a) editing of buildings-small.pcx
                        b) editing of buildings-large.pcx
                        c) editing of all wonder splashes, to the right index
                        d) editing of everything that referres to buildings
                        So the hardest thing is c, but I might be able to add it, but it is not very high on my todo list.

2) what is the difference between the small version and the full version?

a) The small version is the latest version
                        b) The small version requires VB runtime to be installed on your computer (if you have used any eralier version you should not have any problems using the small version (unless I decide to add more controls))

Comment

• Gramphos

thanks for the heads up

too bad it would take so much work to be able to switch around buildings

Comment

• Even though I've tried everything, my mod still aint working.
                            In CopyTool, the number for my wonder in the bottom left-corner says: 4A : 74.
                            This is what I put in the PediaIcons.txt file.

---------------------------------------------------
                            #WON_SPLASH_74
                            art\wonder splash\Condor IS Radar.pcx
                            ---------------------------------------------------

The Illegal Operation comes up before the Splash box.

The version of MultiTool I am working with is: 0.83.0004
                            And the Civ3 version is 1.16f
                            Last edited by Condorswarm; February 14, 2002, 04:31.
                            "The bloody dog is dead"

Comment

• That should work. check your wonder effect, and see if anyting could possible make an error.

Comment

• Ok, I'll give it a go.
                                "The bloody dog is dead"

Comment

Working...
                                X