Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UTILITY: Civ3MultiTool - A thread for the Program ;)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Willem
    Have you had a chance to figure out the years per turn? That would be handy if we could adjust it.
    I think that is hard coded. At least I haven't seen anything that looks like it.
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
      Is there any way that you could put in a feature that would allow the user to change the corruption/distance modifier in a saved game. Currently the degree of corruption that occurs in distant cities on a huge map is way too much.
      I don't know exactly where that is saved. Might be possible, but don't count on that it makes the next version. I'll finish what I've started before I begin any more research.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gramphos

I don't know exactly where that is saved. Might be possible, but don't count on that it makes the next version. I'll finish what I've started before I begin any more research.
        Is there anything you can find that will allow us to upgrade units in Armies, or at least be able to remove them from inside? It would be great if we could turn the Armies into a glorified transport, but the Unload flag doesn't do anything for that unit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Willem
          Is there anything you can find that will allow us to upgrade units in Armies, or at least be able to remove them from inside? It would be great if we could turn the Armies into a glorified transport, but the Unload flag doesn't do anything for that unit.
          I don't know a way to make it a rule.

Comment

• I tried using the Saved Game Editor to move "The Forbidden Palace" to a location that would do me more good. I managed to get the Forbidden Palace to move, but the effect didn't! The original home city still has zero corruption and the new home still has over 50% corruption. Evidently all that moved was the picture.
            "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gramphos
              Civs never work with the Foreign advisor.

They will not work with the game at all if the have the same Pedia entry as any one. But I recomend you to nor try to copy civs, as noone have mannaged that yet.
              Thanks Gramphos. I was getting greedy anyways. Ease of adding new units via copy and edit is already awesome.
              sum dum guy

Comment

• Hey Gramphos

I'm having a problem with the Army units I've copied. Everytime I go to my build list and try to select one of the copies, the game crashes. I just did a check and the original one worked fine, but as soon as I selected the copy, all hell broke loose. Any idea what may be causing this?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
                  I tried using the Saved Game Editor to move "The Forbidden Palace" to a location that would do me more good. I managed to get the Forbidden Palace to move, but the effect didn't! The original home city still has zero corruption and the new home still has over 50% corruption. Evidently all that moved was the picture.
                  I'm aware of the problem.

I don't yet know where the Wonder info is saved, but it is not savd in the cities. I've been working on it, but noy yet reached any results.

Comment

• Re: Hey Gramphos

Originally posted by Willem
                    I'm having a problem with the Army units I've copied. Everytime I go to my build list and try to select one of the copies, the game crashes. I just did a check and the original one worked fine, but as soon as I selected the copy, all hell broke loose. Any idea what may be causing this?
                    Not at the moment, but I might be able to figure it out if I test it myself. It might have something to do with that the army uses era specific art, so that you have to copy it as well. It might also be that the game can't figure out what icon to use for it.

Comment

• I'm having a problem with the Army units I've copied. Everytime I go to my build list and try to select one of the copies, the game crashes. I just did a check and the original one worked fine, but as soon as I selected the copy, all hell broke loose. Any idea what may be causing this?
                      When you created your new units did you make a unit folder for them? In that folder if you have to copy another unit's art over into the folder. Once you do that you have to rename all of the .ini to the name of the new unit. If this doesn't work it could possibly have something to do with pediacons. Hopefully I understood you correctly, and this information is able to help you.
                      However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

• For your info, will the next version copy era specific graphics as well as all other graphics. (Not in the sent out beta versions)

Comment

• I just failed to move a city.

I don't know if I can get it working before eveything else is ready.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Re: Re: Hey Gramphos

Originally posted by Gramphos

Not at the moment, but I might be able to figure it out if I test it myself. It might have something to do with that the army uses era specific art, so that you have to copy it as well. It might also be that the game can't figure out what icon to use for it.
                            Well I see the icon in the build list, but as soon as I click on it the game crashes. Is there anything I can send you to help you figure it out? I have Norton Crashguard so I could send you the details that it gives about the crash. I can't make heads or tails about what it says myself, I'm not a programmer.

Comment

• Re: Re: Re: Hey Gramphos

Originally posted by Willem
                              Well I see the icon in the build list, but as soon as I click on it the game crashes. Is there anything I can send you to help you figure it out? I have Norton Crashguard so I could send you the details that it gives about the crash. I can't make heads or tails about what it says myself, I'm not a programmer.
                              Check if you have the folder with the unit name. If not create, or send me a mail and I'll send you a new beta (most likely on Saturday if you aren't quick)

Comment

• Re: Re: Re: Re: Hey Gramphos

Originally posted by Gramphos

Check if you have the folder with the unit name. If not create, or send me a mail and I'll send you a new beta (most likely on Saturday if you aren't quick)
                                Well one thing I see that might be causing the problem. I copied an Army unit, but the ini file is pointing to the settler data. Can I fix that just by copying the army info, or is there some sort of pointer in the bic file that also needs to be changed?

Comment

Working...
                                X