Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UTILITY: Civ3MultiTool - A thread for the Program ;)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hmmm, do you think the back picture (the one from the porgram) needs to be more transparent?

Comment

• Originally posted by heardie
      With the big change to civ 3 Multi-tool, why not a new splash screen?

Version number belongs in top right hand corner
      Looks good, very professional.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
        OK, Things are definately looking up. I can now open Civ3copytool. I don't know how to use it though. I guessed that I was supposed to start the savegame edit part or the program, load the saved game to edit, select the "Map" editing function, then...what? I tried selecting "Import form BIC", but this puts me to selecting from scenarios. I tried "Reveal Map", which gives me nothing.

What do I have do to edit the savegame map?

Sorry to be so dense.
        You have to select Export as BIC then edit that bic in the editor and then import from BIC and select it.
        Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

• New name's excellent. Good job on the utility, Gramphos. My hat is off to you . Keep up the good work!
          I love the tick of the Geiger counter in the morning. It's the sound of... victory! :D
          LoD - Owner/Webmaster of civ.org.pl
          civ.org.pl's Discussion Forums and Multiplayer System for SMAC and Civs 2-4

Comment

With the big change to civ 3 Multi-tool, why not a new splash screen?

Version number belongs in top right hand corner
            Look good, but the problem is that the mulit tool itself has no load thime. the load time belongs to the start of the Copy Tool. One of the changes is that the Copy tool no lnoger is default, but the Main menu I did is. It should not force people that just want to use the sge to wait that long. I could show a splach screen for some time together with the menu.

I'll see how I do.

Comment

hmmm, do you think the back picture (the one from the porgram) needs to be more transparent?
              I looks good as it is, but i think that picture maybe should be from a later version (after the citizens has been added as that tab has changed layout since then.)

Comment

• This one is mae with the new layout, but I might use the old layout anyway, as it is easier to place the verion number then, but do you have one with only the title on? or would the text in the box look bad if it was placed over the image at runtime?
                (I might want to change it later for any reason)

As for the Copyright and trademark notice I'll definaltey let the Program generate it, but I can empty that area myself.

And FYI: Infogrames owns the trademark, not Firaxis.
                Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Gramphos

You have to select Export as BIC then edit that bic in the editor and then import from BIC and select it.
                  Gotcha.
                  "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• Damn, I'm actuallyfinding myself changeing theCity editing layout again. Guess I'd either will have to live with an old splashscreen, or update it as often as I chang layout.

Comment

• If anyone wants an early state beta of C3MT, so send me an email.

I culd use of some testers, who make sure that every thing works, so that I can focus on adding things.

Aslo suggestions on the layout of the forms are welcome.

Comment

• I don't know what I'm doing wrong

I can get the copy tool to work.
                        I can even copy units and rename them.

But I don't know how to copy a civilization. When I copy a civilization and save the bic file, the game crashes when I click 'new game'. Reports something like: "civilization3.e.exe has caused problems and will be shut down..."

I've tried renaming the new civ before loading the game, but that hasn't worked either.

Any ideas? Or am I just too stupid to ever get this?
                        sum dum guy

Comment

• Civs never work with the Foreign advisor.

They will not work with the game at all if the have the same Pedia entry as any one. But I recomend you to nor try to copy civs, as noone have mannaged that yet.

Comment

• The new version will not be ready until earliest Sunday. I've sent the first beta of C3MT to the testers that mailed me. If any issues are reported, before Saturday I'll fix them then, and will try to finish some other parts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gramphos
                              The new version will not be ready until earliest Sunday. I've sent the first beta of C3MT to the testers that mailed me. If any issues are reported, before Saturday I'll fix them then, and will try to finish some other parts.
                              Have you had a chance to figure out the years per turn? That would be handy if we could adjust it.

Comment

• Is there any way that you could put in a feature that would allow the user to change the corruption/distance modifier in a saved game. Currently the degree of corruption that occurs in distant cities on a huge map is way too much.
                                "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Working...
                                X