Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UTILITY: Civ3MultiTool - A thread for the Program ;)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Avahz_D
    Is it possible to change player civ? IE change from the Indian civ to a different AI controlled civ, and make it the new player controlled civ?
    Not yet, but I'm working on it.
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

• Gramphos:

First off, just want to thank you again for all the work you're doing on the CopyTool. It's really great

But I have one little request. Would it be possible to give the CopyTool a minimize button? Not terminating after each action is great, but getting the blasted thing out of the way so I can see my desktop is a bit annoying, and a minimize button would solve that.

Any reason it wouldn't be possible?

Thanks
      Better to be wise for a second than stupid for an entire lifetime.

Creator of the LWC Mod for Civ3.

Comment

• Originally posted by Plutarck
        Any reason it wouldn't be possible?
        I'll see hat I can do. I don't remember what if you can make it minimize without handling resize.

Comment

• When I edit a file using the save game editor, it seems to corrupt the file. Afterwards, if I try to load any saved game, there is a loading error which causes bugs (like ghost cities, alterations in production schedules, etc.) This didn't happen until after I loaded the patch (I'm not using any mods and I loaded CIII fresh before I patched it). Is anyone else having this problem?

Tx,

Comment

• v0.78.91

Can be minimized, and some copybugs fixed.
            For the SGE sometihings hasd been changed, but it is not fully tested, so I'll keep the last version online.

66 downloads
            Last edited by Gramphos; December 16, 2001, 12:08.

Comment

• Originally posted by Garrett
              When I edit a file using the save game editor, it seems to corrupt the file. Afterwards, if I try to load any saved game, there is a loading error which causes bugs (like ghost cities, alterations in production schedules, etc.) This didn't happen until after I loaded the patch (I'm not using any mods and I loaded CIII fresh before I patched it). Is anyone else having this problem?

Tx,

Can you zip and attach some savs. Preferable before and after edit.
              There might be changes in the SAVs that I haven't figured out yet.

Comment

• bump
                Better to be wise for a second than stupid for an entire lifetime.

Creator of the LWC Mod for Civ3.

Comment

• I am trying to fix a savegame with the savegame editor but I have some problems.

When I try open any savegame "*.sav" in directory /Saves/ the editor say me: "The file is invalid"

I have tried open good savegames and it happens the same error.

I tested the 78.55 and the 78.91 version.

I am going to attach a savegame so you can help me.

Thanks!
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by larry239
                    I am trying to fix a savegame with the savegame editor but I have some problems.

When I try open any savegame "*.sav" in directory /Saves/ the editor say me: "The file is invalid"

I have tried open good savegames and it happens the same error.

I tested the 78.55 and the 78.91 version.

I am going to attach a savegame so you can help me.

Thanks!
                    I'll look at it when I get home.

IIRC that error is when the CIV3 header isn't found. Do you use v1.16f or 1.07f?

Comment

• This is the result of early checking:
                      * The file can be loaded in the Game (v1.16f) without errors.
                      * If one try to load the file with C3CT it tells there is a CITY error, and if I try to fix it the file generates a UNIT error.

I'll test more. This is interesting. but as you wanted to fix the file you probably doesn't have the patch. Try to get it.

Comment

• There is indeed a CITY error, the problem is that it ain't the only error in that file, and the default sollution for the error doesn't work. I can't help you right now.

Comment

• I was wrong.
                          The reason why you can't load the saves its that you try to load them in the CopyTool, not in the SaveGame editor.

Comment

• Not working

Hi Gramphos, it me (yes, yes I know that Vonotar)

I still can't get this program to run, I've installed the OCX files refered to at the top of the thread and the MSVBVM50.exe and I still get the following error

Any idea's would be appreciated!

Vonotar

P.S. I'm running Windows XP Pro
                            "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989
                            AIM/YAHOO: Vonotar1975 MSN/EMAIL: vonotar@lastlands.org ICQ: 123236923

Comment

• Re: Not working

Originally posted by Vonotar
                              Hi Gramphos, it me (yes, yes I know that Vonotar)

I still can't get this program to run, I've installed the OCX files refered to at the top of the thread and the MSVBVM50.exe and I still get the following error

Any idea's would be appreciated!

Vonotar

P.S. I'm running Windows XP Pro

As I've said I think this has something to do with VB5 and XP.
                              Did you get the empty app I posted at Civfanatics to work?
                              (If so the error is in one of the OCXs, otherwise the error is in the DLL.)

P.S. Do you still want to run this tool?

Comment

• Re: Re: Not working

Originally posted by Gramphos

As I've said I think this has something to do with VB5 and XP.
                                Did you get the empty app I posted at Civfanatics to work?
                                (If so the error is in one of the OCXs, otherwise the error is in the DLL.)

P.S. Do you still want to run this tool?
                                The empty app works (and my kid brother's tic-tac-toe project for his A-level computing works too). So I can only assume it's the OCX files, but I've freshly downloaded these today from the links at the top of this thread.

Just to clarify - no I didn't want to run this tool in conjunction with Marla's map as IMHO it was using a sledgehammer to crack a walnut to expect people to download this tool to correct civ start positions, I was looking for something to integrate seamlessly into Marla's map.

Yes I do want to run this tool now (In fact I used the first couple of versions on my previous 98SE system without a hitch). The change in interest come from a desire to move on to experimenting with new civs, units etc.

Vonotar

P.s. I've given your thread a 5 rating on the basis of what I saw before I installed XP, it's not that I ever disliked your program I!
                                "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989
                                AIM/YAHOO: Vonotar1975 MSN/EMAIL: vonotar@lastlands.org ICQ: 123236923

Comment

Working...
                                X