No announcement yet.

Editor Patch INFO... Made me happy.. :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editor Patch INFO... Made me happy.. :)

From Civ Fanatics page..

This is what i got from a chat (Apolyton's IRC channel) with the editor's programmer, Mike Breitkreutz.

"We felt that there was no point in keeping Civ 3 in development any longer just because the editor wasn't quite complete. People do want to play the game."

He also said that they are working on a patch (mainly to improve the editor) that will add things like:
    - The return of the Tech Paradigm. (hell yeah...)
    - Possibilility to place specific civs.
    - In general, make the editor what it should have been in the first place. A tool for people that want to tailor Civ 3 to their liking and for the mod ans scenario crews to do their stuff.

But keep the pressure on them and give them ideas.

The chat contained a lot more info on editing and on all other aspects of Civ3. I can really recommend everybody reads the entire transcript as soon as it comes available (even though it's gonna be extremely long).
    If it takes a long time before this transcript is posted, I have 98% of the chat logged as well (only the first 15 minutes are missing due to a computer crash), I'm willing to put it on my website.
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Please come back and bump this up to the top when the transcript becomes available. I am really glad to hear that Firaxis is going to make some changes/additions to the editor. The current editory seems to really add a lot of possibilities, but a few additions would be invaluable.

I'd love to know what Firaxis is planning.
      Question Authority.......with mime...

Comment

Thank you very much guys. I went to bed early last night scratching my head and now I am more hopeful this morning.

Locutus, I really appreciate all of your posts over the past few months. We want the same thing and I look forward to working with this community to making it happen. In the meantime, I'll wait to read the chat (it must have been a doozy, eh?) and learn more on the things to come.

Comment

whoops! Looks like I should have read this thread before posting a thread about it in the general forum...
          There´s a page about it on the civ3 website too: http://www.civ3.com/devupdate.cfm
          Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Working...
          X