civ3 maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• civ3 maps

Could someone possibly send me a couple of civ3 maps, together with screenshots, description and general map info (available terrains, map size limits, natural resources etc.)?????
    That way I´ll be able to figure out the map encoding. Maybe I could then have a bmp<->civ3map and civ2map<->civ3map conversion program running by the time I get Civ3 (probably near the end of November)...

Or even better, what if Firaxis simply released the civ3 map format, Dan?
    It´s taken years before any serious civ2 utilities came off the ground, so I want to be a bit quicker now.
    Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

What language do you use?

Comment

Mercator,
      Rock on, man! Did you see the other thread I just started about this? You and I are thinking along similar lines, but you at least have the ability to do something about it.

Comment

I´ll probably either use C (if I do a command-line conversion tool) or VB (if I do something like MapEdit, if you´re familiar with that).

And no I didn´t see the thread yet, I sure will do that later today, but I have to get to university in 10 minutes, and I still have to get me some lunch... Argh, damn Apolyton!
        Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

I know the format, the file is saved in, but I don't know how to read each tile and the mapheader.
          Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

here you go Merc...

The files are 'Civ3Ed Documents'... their extension is '.bic'. These arer the two real world maps that come with the game. They are absolutely aweful. What else do you want Mercator?

-FMK
            Attached Files

Comment

I could use screenshots of the maps as well. (So that I can see what tile is what terrain.)
              Maybe you also could create some (tiny) maps with only one terrain on them (if possible)

Comment

How about I do this...

Will this help you out any? Tell me if I should keep going.
                Here is an individual shot of the hills, as found within the terrain folder:

-FMK
                Attached Files

Comment

Re: How about I do this...

Originally posted by Field Marshal Klesh
                  Will this help you out any? Tell me if I should keep going.
                  Here is an individual shot of the hills, as found within the terrain folder:

-FMK
                  They sure look good, but i don't need them.
                  What I need is something that allows me to see what terrain is on each tile and how that tile is saved in the file. A pic of the corners of the worldmaps maybe would do.

That with a tiny map was if it was possibly to ctreate a tiny map with only see or only grassland. That could help with the unserstanding.

Comment

Ah thanks FMK, and as Gramphos said. It´s screenshots of the map we need, and a shot of the overview window or something. That way we´ll actually know what the file is supposed to represent.
                    And some general (non-graphic) info about maps as well: The available terrains, resources and other possible map "properties".

Comment

Working...
                    X