Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WTF...?! "Your source of [insert] has been exhausted" ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF...?! "Your source of [insert] has been exhausted" ???

WHATS THIS?!

Hello there.

I would really like to know. Something.

Has anyone else gotten a message about their Source of iron being exhausted ?! i just got that, and im MAD!!!

Or any other source, for that matter. ive played a lot of games, and i ve never had a source of anything being exhausted before... It kind of adds some flavour to the game.

Can it happen to other sources too ?

Note: If i hadnt had another ironsource, i would have been a bt more MAD!!! For now, its cool.

Anyone who wants to see the game tihs far ? Tell me how to post the save file. Im playing an american game, named Barack Obama. lol...

Was going to make a poll to, but couldnt edit. Will do something manually:

Q: What do you think about the exhaustion of resources feature ?

A 1: Adds an extra element of strategy, like it!

A2: It can be annoying, but gives the game some extra flavour

A3: What were they thinking ?

A4: no big deal really.

Comment

Yes, I've had resources exhaust before. I've also seen the AI's resource exhaust and then pop up in my territory. It doesn't happen all that often and I enjoy those sorts of random elements in a game.

It can happen to any strategic resource. Neither bonus resources nor lux resources exhaust. Also, AFAIK, it will only happen to resources that are hooked up, so if you have two sources and can afford to leave one unhooked, you can keep it as a backup.

Comment

ah okay. I did have it roaded, and also another one roaded which i still have, but its currently being shipped to an ally in exchange for an alliance versus a foreign aggressor. Right now, im building longbowmen instead of MI and im currently working on Knights Templar and Leos Workshop. Its a close race for those Wonders.

I might have played like 50 games (possibly) and its never happened before (at least not that ive noticed, im not keeping that close track of resources outside of my own borders) so it was a surprise for sure!

Another cool thing that happened a few months ago was that i discovered that a city with both Coal and iron within the city border could build a special thing called Iron Works. I guess im not the first to discover that, but its cool with a few surprises...!

Comment

Iron Works is nice, but it's a rarity. I've been playing about 2 years and I've only gotten to build it a handful of times. I've only gotten to build it in my capital once.

Comment

You can use the editor to determine the chances of a resource depletion. Look at Horses as they do not deplete and neither does rubber.

Comment

If you want to post something (pic, save etc) then use the Post reply button where you can add a file.

There are some size limits, and it's typically a good idea to zip a save.
              With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Working...
              X