No announcement yet.

Helpfull Hints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blackcat, you may find the game more interesting, if it was set to std settings. I would suggest playing on std sizes first. Use the default number of civs (8).

If you must play on huge, use the default of 16 civs. Playing at Regent or better and see how things turn out. Regent is the level that AI and the Human have the same cost.

The game is boring if you have no challenge and nothing to look forward to, other than easy street.

If you need to post a save, use the std save. IOW save the game and use that file. The autosave is many times larger than the regular save.

Yours was over 2 megs for the 4000BC. Something was wrong with it as it would not load with either tool. That means it is not even a case of patch levels.

Comment

Well, I experiment a bit - currently I'm on a huge, small islands and 16 civs - still, I have every wonder except SoZ (seems like when you are scandi, then ivory is far far away).

I'm a bit curious about your problems with loading - I'm playing C3C verion 1.00 according to the program. The attached is a std save - could I ask you to try to load it to see if you can run it ? There isn't much fun left in it if you don't fancy a nice little conquest campaign
      Attached Files
      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

No go, CivAssitII said please verify that your version of Civ/PTW/C3C is patch to the current version.

I guess they are not able to load unpatched version. I would suggest you get the 1.22 patch and apply it. I can no longer remember the changes in the various patches, but few will be able to look at any save that is not patched.

Comment

Dammit

I have a small collection of interesting starts that can't be used if I upgrade. Well, guess that I just have to make a new collection
          With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Make your first one a pangea with normal opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat
              Dammit

I have a small collection of interesting starts that can't be used if I upgrade. Well, guess that I just have to make a new collection
              Edit : on me for not say thanks for the trouble. And that should have been the edit button not the quote

Steven Weinberg

Comment

I currently have Civ 3 Jewel Pack, and Civ 3 Golden Edition and none of them seem to have the Editor. Does the Civ3 complete have the Editor or where can I find it.

Comment

I do not have the jewel ir the complete versions. I do think that complete has the Conquest editor.

I would expect the install would put an icon for the editor in the start menu under Atari.

If not look for an editor in the directory. It will have edit as part of the name. Something like Civ3edit.exe or Civ3ConquestsEdit.exe

Comment

Complete does indeed have the editor that us old CIV 3 players have come to know and love..

But like the origional editor; you cant access it through the game interface. You have to go into the program files (open up 2k folder in all programs and you will see the sub folder for the editor then double click on the executable) I would expect that it would be the same for Jewel and gold editions as well.
                    * A true libertarian is an anarchist in denial.
                    * If brute force isn't working you are not using enough.
                    * The difference between Genius and stupidity is that Genius has a limit.
                    * There are Lies, Damned Lies, and The Republican Party.

Comment

Thank's for the reply. I have always wondered about the Civ3 editor because it seems like something cool to work with.

Comment

I've been thinking if you take down a forest or jungle and sence coal and rubber can appear on the squares will that effect if the resource will appear there after you have taken the forest or jungle down.

Comment

My understanding is that when a map is generated the resources are placed. If you cut the forest or jungle or clear a swamp, it will not affect the appearance of the resource.

It is not clear about later, when a resource is exhausted, if it will apear on a tile that once had a jungle or not. This is not a significant issue, so I do not know.

Comment

My understanding is the same as vxma1's as regards initial resource placement.

However, I thought that if a resource depleted somewhere, it could not reappear on a tile that no longer has the required terrain.

Comment

It really isnt an issue because the one resource that is dependent upon jungle is never exhausted and thus never disappears.

So no, go ahead and chop away, it wont matter at least until your citizens start to get skin cancer and sunburn because of your woeful disregard to the environment..
                              * A true libertarian is an anarchist in denial.
                              * If brute force isn't working you are not using enough.
                              * The difference between Genius and stupidity is that Genius has a limit.
                              * There are Lies, Damned Lies, and The Republican Party.

Comment

I now have won my first Civ 3 game. It was a interesting save though. I won it by the hightest score because I did not know what victory to choose, though it was on Chieftin, but I don't care. Now on my recent save I'm on warlord and warlord is not to much different than the other.

There are two things that I found helpfull in the warlord and that may be able to help you get a feeling for a new difficulty.[list=1][/list=1] The first one is having lots of workers because you will be able to work the land faster, and produce more on a small scale.

[list=2][/list=2] Second one is turning off the civ specialities to level the playing field as they say. I think this item may help on higher difficultys

P.S. Sorry if I did the list wrong my first one.

Comment

Working...
                                X