Helpfull Hints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlackCat

Could it be a C3C "feature" ? I could have sworn that I once captured Statue of Zeus but didn't get any Cavalerys.
    @BlackCat -- In my current game, I captured the SoZ yesterday and it was definitely producing Ancient Cavalry until I discovered Metallurgy.

As I only play C3C, I don't know much about vanilla or PTW, so maybe it had something to do with the version you were playing. I don't know.

Comment

Sorry if I have claimed something stupid and you have wasted time on it .

I assume that I haven't been too aware when I had that experience.

Tough, that "fake experience" made me a sturdy "if I can, I build it" player, so my F7 usually looks like the pic (I didn't found the romans before it got obsolete, so they got SoZ).

It might be true that research speeds up when the AI is faster/more efficient. I though find it more fun to do it on my own - some like their women slim, others a bit more voluptuous
      Attached Files
      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by Civ_4
        Many things I've read say that building wealth is not a good Idea. Myself I think in some cases it my been a good thing to build wealth to win, but most often maybe not. I don't know.

What do you think about building wealth
        Wealth is for ocassions when nothing else makes sense. This is normally late in the game and in places that have either noting to build or are too corrupt to built anything.

Comment

BlackCat if you build all those wonders, you should move to a higher level. How many civs in this game and what size is the level and the map?

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat
            Sorry if I have claimed something stupid and you have wasted time on it
            You didn't and I didn't, so don't worry. It just so happened that I captured the SoZ yesterday. As we'd just discussed this, it was fresh on my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1
              BlackCat if you build all those wonders, you should move to a higher level. How many civs in this game and what size is the level and the map?
              You are probably right, but ...

I got SMAX way before C3C and learned to play that on trancend - compared to that, C3 is, well, a bit boring unless you go for building.

I have experimented a bit with C3C but haven't found a conclusion - is a lot of civs competing better than fewer that can expand ?

Your question about size etc, well, a couple of hours on the attached may give an answer Honestly, I don't know wether my achivement claimed by the previous pic is worth anything, so I don't mind if you give it a try
              Attached Files
              With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Could not load the file with Seedbeast or CAII. I played a lot of SMAX, but I prefer C3C to and have not played SMAC in years.

It makes the game easier, if you have fewer civs and lots of land. I prefer to use at least the standard number for the map size.

Playing on a huge map with just a few civs is too easy.

Comment

I have Civ 3 Jewel Pack, and Civ 3 Golden Edition and when I build railroads and my workers walk on them they just jump from one tile to another.

Is that a glitch or is a just that way.

Comment

It doesn't sound like a glitch. When a unit moves from one railroaded tile to another, it doesn't use any movement points. The movement does look awfully quick, though.

Comment

You got that right!!!

Comment

Yeah, it's not a glitch.

If you want the animations on railroads, it might be possible to turn them on by changing the animation settings your preferences. I'm not sure about that though; it may just be set to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1
                          Could not load the file with Seedbeast or CAII. I played a lot of SMAX, but I prefer C3C to and have not played SMAC in years.

It makes the game easier, if you have fewer civs and lots of land. I prefer to use at least the standard number for the map size.

Playing on a huge map with just a few civs is too easy.
                          Well, it's a huge map with small isles, though that particular had put me on a pretty large island together with spain an dutch (well, they weren't a problem since spain was put in jungle and dutch on a small peninsula).

I prefer the small islands since it as you say is too easy with lots of land to expand on.

Much also depends on the civ - germans and scandinavs are probably the easiest, aztecs and romans interesting, while india and americans are pretty tough.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

How do you attact a image I see kinda how to do it I think, but tell me anyway.

Comment

Use the post reply button or the quote ditto - that give you thae ability to attach a file.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by Civ_4
                                How do you attact a image I see kinda how to do it I think, but tell me anyway.
                                When you open the Reply window, it has an attach file section. Use the browse button to point to the file you want attached.

Comment

Working...
                                X