Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCENARIO: Nationalism: Loyalty and Bloodshed

-----------------------------------------------------
    The Industrial Revolution has begun! All the nations of the region are trying to build up an industrial base to fuel the changing economy and world situation. Nationalism has struck the peoples of the entire region. National pride and nationalist ideals are sweeping the countries and has started a war in the west between the Stoudalans and the Tesshians. Mainland civilizations are now in a resource race and the new military build up has begun! Most of the new governments in the area are expirencing economic problems, and the transition from agricultural based and industrial based economies is underway. The entire region is ripe for a international war that will wash the ocean in the blood of the brave nationalists fighting for their country...
    -----------------------------------------------------

I made this scenario because I wanted to have one where all the civs start out in the Industrial Age and have their nations more or less carved out already. Two of the players are at a locked war against one another. They are relatively small and both located on islands. NONE of the civs have any units to protect their empire, but they all are gifted one army at the beginning of the game. This will be of interest when the trade-off of defense against the troubled economy arises.

I am sure that this is no difficult matter for most of the Apolyton Civers, but I just like to share my work and see if its playable to anyone beside me. Personally, I think its a really neat setup. I will post the full list of modified options after I post the scenario itself. Hope you all like it!
    Last edited by ElConejo; September 12, 2005, 17:03.
    Siga El Conejo Blanco
    Dios, patria y libertad - Ecuadorian motto
    | NationStates Roleplayer: The Honor Guard | Check out my Civ4 'friendly game' of MP: A Few Good Leaders |

Each nation has varying strengths and has weaknesses as far as location. Try a few to see what you like the best. Also I named each of the civilizations so that they would be different from the RW counterparts. I also gave each nation in this scenario a third trait.

The nations are as follows:
    NAME//////CIV////////Starting Government/////Traits (caps are new trait)/////Color (see map)

Ionites (Ottomans) ---Fascist---Ind/Sci/MIL---Gray
    Metratans (Greece) ---Communist---Com/Sci/IND---Dark Green
    Stoudalan (Babylon)---Monarchy---Sci/Rel/SEA---Red
    Tessh (England) ---Monarchy---Sea/Com/SCI---Blue
    Minitha (Vikings)---Republic--- Sea/Mil/AGR---Dark Brown
    Tistanol (Persia)--- Monarchy---Sci/Ind/AGR---Light Brown
    Trikor (Celts)---Fascist--- Rel/Agr/MIL---Light Green
    Czepian (Mongols)---Communism---Mil/Exp/IND---Yellow
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ElConejo; September 16, 2005, 20:30.
    Siga El Conejo Blanco
    | NationStates Roleplayer: The Honor Guard | Check out my Civ4 'friendly game' of MP: A Few Good Leaders |

Comment

Specific Rules of Nationalism: Loyalty and Bloodshed

Map: No X or Y wrapping.

Experience Health points: In order to make Conscripts more potent, 3 HP and +1 HP on all the upper experience levels; Regular=4HP; Veteran=5HP; Elite=6HP.

Retain culture upon capture

Conquest and Diplomatic victory only

Accelerated Production enabled

Time measured in Year=1 turn for entire game

Map Trading has been pushed back to Map Making technology.

Coastal terrain earns 3 Commerce instead of 2.

Government Balance: Fascism loses “Resettle” tag and gains SPHQ

Starting date is 1000 AD

Heroic Epic added Improved Army Value tag

Fascism changed to paid labor and city=8 (+1) and metro=12(+2)

Cure for cancer now reduces WW

Internet gives research lab to every city

Each nation starts with 10 workers

Each nation starts with 1,000 gold in its treasury

[[[Stoudalan and Tessh are Locked War against each other]]]
      Last edited by ElConejo; November 24, 2005, 14:00.
      Siga El Conejo Blanco

Comment

Download the scenario!

HISTORY
        The Age of Nationalism: Ocean of Blood Ver. 1.1
        The Age of Nationalism: Ocean of Blood Ver. 1.2 = map changes
        Nationalism: Loyalty and Bloodshed Ver. 1.4 = name change and Unique Units added
        Nationalism: Loyalty and Bloodshed Ver. 1.5 = Every nation now has a unique unit. The map has been changed to reflect more balance between nations (see new map above). The first version to have the NLB folder due to new units.
        Nationalism: Loyalty and Bloodshed Ver. 1.6 = New units!
        Nationalism: Loyalty and Bloodshed Ver. 1.7 = Fixed a few things with the new units, see below for details.
        Nationalism: Loyalty and Bloodshed Ver. 1.9 = Linked Resources and did some balancing.

Hope you enjoy it! I would love any comments as long as they are constructive !

---------------------------------------------------------

Version 1.2
        Adds some unit changes:
        The Panzer has been changed to be a Heavy Tank
        The normal tank has been changed to be a Light Tank
        All nations can build both types of tank.

Specs:
        Light Tank---Movement=3---Attack=16---Defense=8---Cost=100
        Heavy Tank---Movement=2---Attack=18---Defense=9---Cost=175

The cruise missile and tactical nuke is now immobile and has an Op.Range of 20 and can airlift

ICBM can airlift

Bomber has op. range of 9

Stealth has op. range of 15

Modern Armor---Cost=200

Mech Infantry---Cost 150

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Version 1.4
        Name changed to Nationalism: Loyalty and Bloodshed
        Unique Units have been added, the map changed a bit to give some more reflection of power struggle...

The unique units were further updated in the next version.
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Version 1.5
        1.5 has some major changes:
        Map has been revamped a bit to create more balanced play
        Unique Units for ALL Nations have now been added!

I have changed the picture in the above post to reflect the new map, the changes to the map have (like most other changes to the map settings) been in the name of balance.

Here are the Unique Units:

Ion: The Ionite Nationalist
        Cavalry Unit with +2 Attack

Metrata: The Metratan Defender Carrier
        Carrier unit with +2 aircraft transport capacity

Stoudalan: The Stoudalan Invader
        Cavalry unit with +2 Attack

Tessh: The Tessian War-Frigate
        Frigate with +2 attack and +2 bombard

Minitha: The Minithan Loyalist
        Riflemen unit with +1 Defense

Tistanol: The Tistanol Desert Hawk
        Jet Fighter with +1 Movement and +3 Bombard strength

Czepia: The Czepian Vanguard
        Infantry with +1 Defense

Trikor: The Trikorian Liberator
        Infantry with +1 Offense

*PLEASE NOTE* Now with the new units added to the scenario, the scenerio comes with a folder called NLB (Nationalist: Loyalty and Bloodshed), which has the nessassary changes made to make the units run smoothly. If there are any problems PM me or post on this thread. Enjoy!
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Version 1.6
        Major unit changes

Field Spy - invisible no attack no defend unit with radar and detect invisible - Excellent for spying on friend or foe. Hidden nationality.

Saboteur - invisible 10 bombard no defend no detect invisible.

TOW Infantry - now requires alluminum to build

Lowbowmen - upgrades to musketmen

Guerilla - removed from upgrade chain. Given stealth attack, ignore move on Jungle and mountain. 8-4-2 Bombard (3)

Modern Guerilla - upgrade of Guerilla, given invisible trait as well as other guerilla traits. 13-10-2 Bombard (3)

Version 1.7
        Minor unit changes

I messed up something in Version 1.6, Modern Guerillas came into the scene with Replaceable Parts when normal Guerillas should only be available.

Another thing I did was made Modern Guerillas able to upgrade to TOW Infantry. This is to ensure that powerful nations (with Alluminum) dont use Guerillas and that once a nation has aquired said resource they can upgrade their units.

Also brought the attack level of the Modern Guerilla down a bit, as I felt it was a tad overpowered. Guerilla units are meant to give some strength to the nations that dont have Rubber or Alluminum or Oil. These units are supposed to fight and hold their ground against other units.

Version 1.9

Gave rubber to Czepia

Linked all luxuries and strategic resources

Hopefully 2.0 will yeild a MP version.

Attached Files
        Last edited by ElConejo; December 11, 2005, 13:20.
        Siga El Conejo Blanco

Comment

I've played this scenario through so far, and I have to say (at least for me) it actually has been quite a challenge! Its the first time in a while that I have been at the edge of my seat for a Civ game.. its not as easy as it seems... I have lost some wars and quite a few wonders that I was sure I would have won... I urge anyone to try it out and give me some constructive feedback! Its alot of fun once you get into the nation your playing!

P.S. I think that what rocks it is that the rival nations are actually quite competitive!
          Siga El Conejo Blanco

Comment

UPDATE: Version 1.4

UPDATE!

Version 1.4

Unique Units have been added now. Post above has specifics.
            Last edited by ElConejo; September 12, 2005, 14:10.
            Siga El Conejo Blanco

Comment

Name change?

I am working on renaming the scenario just simply:

Nationalism: Loyalty and Bloodshed
              Last edited by ElConejo; September 12, 2005, 17:04.
              Siga El Conejo Blanco

Comment

Is the metratan UU still in these?
                "Forever shall we be remembered, as the wall that would not Crumble." -Metratan Defender Call to arms

Comment

Not at the moment, I am looking into ways of implementing it without losing the standard unit I'll get it in there! (hopefully along with a UU of Czepiania and Trikoria too)
                  Siga El Conejo Blanco

Comment

UPDATE: Version 1.5

Well as it states in the above post, I succeeded in creating a Unique Unit for each nation. I will be playing a trial of it, so if anyone has any problems or questions PM me or post here!
                    Siga El Conejo Blanco

Comment

Thread name changed per directions from ElConejo...

From - Ocean of Blood: Age of Nationalism
                      To - Nationalism: Loyalty and Bloodshed

Enjoy!
                      Keep on Civin'
                      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I always admire people that under take these projects. I have not played any of the scenarios that came with the game or any of the mods posted, but I do enjoy reading about them.

I just stick to the standard stuff. One thing I was wondering is why the AP? I fell that is a vehicle that makes civ less enjoyable. Settlers and workers just fly out of cities even in the AA. Now with IA cites it will be even faster.

Anyway good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1

I just stick to the standard stuff. One thing I was wondering is why the AP? I fell that is a vehicle that makes civ less enjoyable. Settlers and workers just fly out of cities even in the AA. Now with IA cites it will be even faster.

Anyway good luck.
                          Well, I like AP personally, but you bring up an interesting point, maybe I will make one without it and test it out, see how I like it. But if your feeling open to discussion I wouldnt mind hearing some reasons why it makes it better. Does the fewer amount of units (because settlers arent being made in this scenario and each nation comes with 10 workers) like military units help the feel of the campaigns? IOW Is it nicer to take cities and wage war with or without AP and why?

*Like I said, I am completely open to suggestions and constructive comments *
                          Siga El Conejo Blanco

Comment

It may not matter in this one as you do not make settlers and workers. In the few AP games I played (others posted them), I just found it annoying that you were making settlers so fast that you had a hard time keeping track of where they were headed.

I am not sure if the faster builds for units and structures will be an issue or not. So for your scenario, it probably does not make a big difference.

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1
                              It may not matter in this one as you do not make settlers and workers. In the few AP games I played (others posted them), I just found it annoying that you were making settlers so fast that you had a hard time keeping track of where they were headed.

I am not sure if the faster builds for units and structures will be an issue or not. So for your scenario, it probably does not make a big difference.
                              Well in my tests of the game, I am aware of the fact that there are plenty of Stacks of Death both offensive (attacking my cities) and defensive (protecting their cities), and they are quite interesting to have to send massive amounts of units into to take or defend a city. If I turn off AP do you think this will change?
                              Siga El Conejo Blanco

Comment

Working...
                              X