Is it me or...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it me or...

Is it me or do the advisors make funny comments when you are not paying attention. What I mean is I had just got the 8th luxury & I went to the trade advisor. What she was saying went like this "I shoudn't even be here, I'm supposed to be on holiday"

Later on, the military advisor came out with " Sod it, lets kill everbody"

So is it just me or do my advisors need to be sacked and replaced. Taking days off work indeed.

When they smile at bad news, frown at good news....
    One OS to rule them all,
    One OS to find them,
    One OS to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.

Comment

It's funny, how my mil. adv. sometimes tells me that our military is stronger than someone else's, with a happy smile on his face... Like, "We have nothing to fear from them!"

And sometimes he is frowning, "We could put our superior military to use... sir."

As they say... "Let's go bonk some heads!"
      I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

The Civ3 advisors are stoned, some of them permanently. This began at around PTW, and got worse in Conquests. All the patches get to a person, you know...
        Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

I had one recenly that raised an eye brow. The Foriegn advisor said we should make some friend. Sounds ok, until you realize I have killed all the civs and no one is left in the game.

Comment

if you had killed all the civs, wouldn't you have won the game?

and the advisors suck compared to civ2. I still remember the first time I clicked on the advisors during anarchy. That freaked me out. . I hope they improve this in civ4. I probably should have mentioned in in the suggestions thread or whatever. Too late now.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident

and the advisors suck compared to civ2. I still remember the first time I clicked on the advisors during anarchy. That freaked me out. . I hope they improve this in civ4. I probably should have mentioned in in the suggestions thread or whatever. Too late now.

lalalalahah ---aaahhhhh----"I warned you I warned you" - "why don't you".....

*blam*

ANARCHY

I for one hope they do something like those advisors again - it was hilarious!
              One OS to rule them all,
              One OS to find them,
              One OS to bring them all
              and in the darkness bind them.

Comment

Yeah the game was over, I was just goofing off. I was working on loading/editing music and just wanted somethign to do between the CD rips.

Since it ended, I just kept going.

Comment

Those advisors should defently make a comeback in Civ4, they where fun
                  This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Advisors were great!!! But in civ 3 they just suck!!! They should have more personality, like elvis or militar advisor in civ 2!
                    If ten thousand of your men die in front of the walls of an enemy city, order the other ten thousands men to climb their bodies and attack the city.

Comment

I loved it when the Civ2 military advisor was drunk with power. In Civ4 though they should replace Elvis with Ozzy (think what THAT would do to sales!).
                      "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                      "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                      2004 Presidential Candidate
                      2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Originally posted by Vince278
                        In Civ4 though they should replace Elvis with Ozzy (think what THAT would do to sales!).
                        That would make me not buy the game
                        This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

You would not buy the game because you don't like the looks of a single adviser?
                          "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                          "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)

Comment

come on, ozzy is cool!! He got his picture in dictionary word for "Decadence"!!
                            Everybody loves ol'd uncle ozzy!!! And whatever, if u don´t like the advisor, just don´t watch it!!

Why not make Einstein (like a crazy scientist) the scientific advisor???? Would be fun!!!

And why not put Arnold Schazenneger to be the military advisor??? Think him after restarting a war as a robot speaking: "We´ve come back!"
                            lol!
                            If ten thousand of your men die in front of the walls of an enemy city, order the other ten thousands men to climb their bodies and attack the city.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X