No announcement yet.

Which title do you bear ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I expected the poll results to resemble a bell curve. That tells me two things:
    1. Everyone is being mostly honest.
    2. The difficulty levels are actually balanced.
    "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
    "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
    2004 Presidential Candidate
    2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

used to be emperor
      now deity, lots of good stuff from here helped

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro83
        I never go any higher than Monarch, since its just no fun to me when it gets past that point.
        Regent for same reason
        One OS to rule them all,
        One OS to find them,
        One OS to bring them all
        and in the darkness bind them.

Comment

monarch is the highest I have beaten the game (though I have never tried any of the higher levels). It's the level I prefer. It's a level I can still face a little bit of challenge, but still have a good chance of winning . I like to win, what can I say. Losing isn't fun.

Comment

I have beaten the game on MING

Comment

In PTW I would win consistently on emperor though I have won on deity, I simply do not find it fun.

In C3C I honestly have not played enough (less than 5 finished games) to say, what I can mention is that the two times I've played on demi-god, I've won. I have never played above that in C3C.
              A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

This poll really does show how useful it was for Firaxis to add in the Demigod level. (2nd most popular choice)
                1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                Templar Science Minister
                AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

The CPU on sid and Deity always approach at my cities with two Stack of Doom and send me back to stone age. Yet i managed to win a game on sid on an archipelago map, and was very BORING to do so.
                  If ten thousand of your men die in front of the walls of an enemy city, order the other ten thousands men to climb their bodies and attack the city.

Comment

Emperor is the most enjoyable for me.

I can win occassionally on Deity, but it is too painful. Somewhere about 3/4 through industrial, the tedium sets in and kills it for me. The most annoying is having to deal with civs with hundreds of crap units, like an island civ wiht a lux you want. Just painful (not difficult) killing those bastards.

Comment

I remember the times that I consistently lost on Warlord...oh, those were the days, but now I can fair decently well on Monarch without having to micromanage...

Comment

From the way the distribution peaks at Monarch and then again at Demi, it might by inferred that there is a steady learning curve that takes players up to Monarch. However, after that, some relearning needs to happen and a different paradigm for playing must be learned. Thus, people who can win at Emperor can also win at Demi. Above that, it is just too abusive to play for enjoyment.

Personally, enjoyment peaks for me around Emperor. Demi is a little too much like work. Monarch is a fun romp for difficult civs in bad terrain.

Golden Bear

Comment

I can beat Demi... but enjoy Emperor games more
                          Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                          I am of the Horde.

Comment

Emperor is as high as I've won in CivIII. Won a SG deity game w/ 2 other players.
                            "What did you learn in school today, dear little boy of mine?
                            I learned our government must be strong. It's always right and never wrong,.....that's what I learned in school."
                            --- Tom Paxton song ('63)

Comment

Working...
                            X