Yet another complaint of CivAI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by theDragon
    YES I am using C3C and I just got it maybe two months ago now, and I have fully fallen back in love with Civ. I played Vanilla for a long time (prolly a year) and finally took a gulp of air and upgraded to Conquests.

However, there are many things I miss from my days upon Alpha Centauri, and this one is a big one for me. Its just something that bugs me when I finally get a world map and see everyone peacefully sitting around and neatly in their own borders.

I am still playing on the first three diffculty levels... mostly because of utter fear but as I was reading your post, it occured to me that most of you guys are the big sluggers here at Apolyton, so its safe to say that you play higher levels, so perhaps that is why I am not seeing the things you are talking about...

Perhaps I will break out of the first tier of play

Now that I think of it, I was stupid..... DUH! I am going to start some harder levels of the game, I am certain thats where the KAIs live. I just hope I can survive all the harder aspects! LOL

Thanks a lot you guys... The thread and your responses have been very helpful. Now.. I must be off to clash with a few KAIs!
    not all of us play on the higher levels. I still play on monarch. I doubt I'll go any higher. It just doesn't seem fun for me.

and like I said, i do see killer AI's. It's usually when the build the wonders that give them free units. This gives one a serious advantage over the other and help tip the balance.

Without these wonders, most AI wars seem to go back and forth, though occasionally one will break out and begin a slow accumulation of bases.

Comment

Yes more water between you and the other landmass, the better the chances for someone to get big. But often you will see most of the civs on that mass staying in equilibrium with each other.

It is not until Industrial Age that you see break outs, unless one civ has a big advantage. Like extra resources and luxs tied to a UU that comes no later than Middle Ages.

So if the games is a Monarch level and no KAI pops before Calvs, the human will probably manage to get on the landmass and contain any breakouts. Well solid players anyway.

So what I see is that KAI's are not very common until Emperor, not non existing, just not common. As always the map will be the determining factor.

Comment

BTW as I mentioned you want to be careful about asking for something and getting it. The last KAI that comes to my mind was a game I posted here about a year ago. It was a contients Sid map and I had only played a few island maps on sid at that point.

The KAI took over a huge contient and what that did was not to hurt me from the stand point that I could take it out, but it killed the brake on culture. I mean one of the civs had enough culture to prevent the KAI from winning, while I was climbing up the ladder. When the KAI snuffed the other civ out, the game ended, just as I was on the move.

I thought I was going to win my first contients Sid game, but the rug was pulled out. So again you may not want what you ask for.

Comment

Ouch! But then, I keep cultural victories disabled, a relic from my Regent and Warlord days.

I think I remember you posting about that, btw.

On your previous post, true, though I think that also illuminates the difference between a player wanting to contain potential KAI's and one wanting to pull a Theseus, and foster one for a great showdown at the end.
          Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Working...
          X