script.txt in conquests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• script.txt in conquests

Hey all, hope some people are still out there modding. I'm finishing up my tech tree, and the last stage was adding the advice the advisor gives on the tech screen. If I just add something like this to the script.txt:

#SCIENCEADVICETECH83
    If we're going to war, then there's nothing like a little {Fascism} to bring victory to the troops.

#SCIENCEADVICETECH84
    Wood is a pretty useful material. With {Woodworking} our craftsmen can be trained as carpenters.

Tech 84 does not show this advice, but rather that of smart weapons! I've checked everywhere, this isn't a bad copy/paste job as changing the Smart Weapons advice changes Tech 84's. I'm a little confused, anyone bump up against this before? I'm starting to wonder if this is a dinosaur from when the number of techs was hardcoded...

Something else interesting: the first three techs added after fascism have the last three advices of the tech tree before ironclads... this might support the idea that is a leftover of the old hardcoded tech tree...

Any help or ideas would be great!

Comment

Dag, I guess this game is showing its age: I remember when you'd get a reply in a half hour! Maybe I missed the boat with this whole modding thing...

Comment

Ahhhhhhh-HAAAAAAAAAAAA!

I hope this proves useful to someone else, though I doubt it: I just read civ4 is coming out! Hoorj!

The solution to the above problem is not to delete techs at all and to simply give them the NONE era. By deleting them, the SCIENCEADVICETECH## shifts down by the number of techs deleted... this is a terrible explanation, but I can't think of a better way to say it.

I'm finishing this mod before civ4 is released... and I'll be the only person in the world still playing!

Comment

What mod is this that you are making? Because I would be glad to play a little of it (before Civ4 of course, when my soul will be ripped from my chest and thrown into a 3d world of religion politics and warmongering) if you ever finish it. Just post it here, or at least a link here to where it will be posted.
          Siga El Conejo Blanco
          Dios, patria y libertad - Ecuadorian motto
          | NationStates Roleplayer: The Honor Guard | Check out my Civ4 'friendly game' of MP: A Few Good Leaders |

Comment

Oh man... what a bummer. I gave up, partially because I never got over that hump. Maybe I was being too perfectionist about my techs, but they looked damn good when they worked properly. Also, everyone seemed to have given up on civ3 waiting for civ4, so eventually I joined them. It was a cool vision though, I'll find a link...

If you still care... I was looking at my old modding stuff nostalgically, and thought I should respond, even if it was a little late.

Comment

Thats fine man, I was waiting eagarly for Civ4 too, up until I bought it and found out that my crappy laptop wont run it, and I am a poor college boy who cant afford another computer... so I would still be interested in anything you can dish out, but I wish you luck in Civ4 as I hear it is totally loaded with Modable action. I hope to see some awesome work from you soon again!
              Siga El Conejo Blanco
              Dios, patria y libertad - Ecuadorian motto
              | NationStates Roleplayer: The Honor Guard | Check out my Civ4 'friendly game' of MP: A Few Good Leaders |

Comment

Working...
              X