Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

war leads to anarchy.how prevent or know its going to happen.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gunkulator
    I'm not sure if the AI is programmed this way or not, but it always seems that they're more willing to declare war on me when I'm in Democracy.
    I observed the same behaviour in my games. That's why I don't use this government anymore.
    Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

Originally posted by Redstar
      thankyou very good points..and that clears up some stuff alright.

#8 though..by rebels i ment the dissenters not rioters.

---
      So from this it seems obvious i crossed a threshold...of war weariness.

SO i go back to the..i wish there was some warning about how war weariness was coming along.

The only reason i mind anarchy so much is because there is so much darned pollution from allied nukes now..and the global warming effects are progressing.

Its gonna become critical and my workers are crap for 4 turns grr

======
      PLus..if i switch back to demo when i am able..will i fall right back into anarchy the next turn?

should i go communism instead till the aztecs are wiped out?... in about 11-14 more years.

TIA
      On #8, resistors/dissenters won't collapse your government.

I've forgotten which version you're playing, but if you're playing C3C I'd go into republic if I had enough luxuries and cash flow to get happiness in order (because if you go into republic, you're going to have 50% of the population unhappy due to WW), or communism if I didn't. That choice might be good for PtW and vanilla, too. AFAIK, going back into democracy will result in another collapse, but I've never tried it, so I may be wrong.
      Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

well, i just tried it...and sure enough going back to democracy causes another collapse into anarchy the very next turn cycle.

so that's confirmed. grr

ok..so republic then

Comment

I've kind of taken a love to communism lately. I used to never use it only on principle. But for in game uses, it's pretty good. You can still get a pretty good science rate.

Comment

Re: war leads to anarchy.how prevent or know its going to happen.

The AI is no good at managing WW level happiness and you've delegated this to it. That is why your cities are revolting.

Entertainment really needing to be set to 50% is a strong indicator that your govt is about to collapse.

Another key indicators are your largest cities saying over half the happiness problems is because of WW.

If someone else declares war on you as a representive govt, you start with negative WW.

I'd also sugest much more unit effective war management. Wars of attriation in netural / foreign territory really make your citizens upset more than anything else.

Bypass AI stacks that are in the open in their lands, take the nearby cities instead and wait for the stack to come within your newly enlarged territory before killing it.

last i posted on this forum was in 2001. so sorry if this has been answered

for original civ 3:

Ima demo with something like 100 cities.

i have my entertainment set to 50%

i have the wonders for making happy people. alot of cities have the police/courthouses.. the computer manages the moods.

Every turn i am not notified of any unrests.
            20 years into the war..i continue to have we love the president days all over the place.

But without warning..my civ collapses into anarchy.

WHY? there seems to be no way to check on what makes this happen.

There seems to be no way of avoiding it.
            (if i declare peace..my allies declare war on me grr

i realise this must have something to do with war weariness...but this is like only the second time of playing that this has happened to me. And the no warning of imment collapse or signs of anything wrong is troubling.
            1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
            Templar Science Minister
            AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Form of govt is minor:

Being in same govt as AI : +1 point
              Both you and the AI in the AI's favorite govt : +1 point
              You being in the AIs shunned govt and the AI not : -1 point

AI hates the combo of weak miltary and large tresury.

Originally posted by Modo44

I observed the same behaviour in my games. That's why I don't use this government anymore.
              Templar Science Minister
              AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

If your intending to win via domination, I'd sugest going Commie when your Democracy collapses instead of Republic.

well, i just tried it...and sure enough going back to democracy causes another collapse into anarchy the very next turn cycle.

so that's confirmed. grr

ok..so republic then
                Templar Science Minister

Comment

If your objective is winning via Space Race, your still better off as a Representive Govt. (Same applies via UN, but being at war with multiple AIs is a contra-indicator for that; more likely building the UN might be needed just to filibuster it)

Of course, actually being able to keep up in science as a Commie govt is a strong indication that your well on the way to a dominination victory.

Originally posted by Dissident
                  I've kind of taken a love to communism lately. I used to never use it only on principle. But for in game uses, it's pretty good. You can still get a pretty good science rate.
                  Templar Science Minister

Comment

as a republic i have not had anarchy...and my luxury rate is set to just 10% (needed money more now to rebuild the devastation)

Was making 2300 a turn. (all techs long done now..and bah on future tech)

I had my luxury rate set to 50% to try and help prevent culture flips and make all but a few cities undergoe we love the supreme commander day (and after checking..this is why some of my big/medium cities were starving...the population was growing incredibly fast)

Seriously, i had no riots. If i did..i would have expected them to collapse my republic also. And nope..i was able to finish the war against the aztecs as a republic.
                    (my anarchy actually lasted 6 turns instead of the orginal 4 turns specified)

pressing F1...The worst i had was just 3 cities content.
                    These cities were only just captured.

=====
                    The one thing i really miss about a demo though is being able to clear pollution in just 4 turns. Now it is 30% slower.

I now have around 250 cities after taking out the aztecs

Comment

Republic and Feudalism cannot be forced to collapse to anarchy due to WW. Only Democracy can do that. The max penalty in Republic and Feudalism is 100% of your citizens go unhappy.

Comment

I've never seen the advisor wrong about the number of turns before you'll have control over the govt.

Anarchy Times in Conquests:

Human Religious: 2 turns
                        Human Non-Religious : 5 - 9 turns. # of cities is a factor.

All AIs on Sid : 1 turn
                        All AIs on Deity [& Relgious AIs on this level and below]: 2 turns
                        Non-Religious AI on Deimigod : 3 turns
                        Non-Religious AI on Emperor : 4 turns
                        Non-Religious AI on Monarchy : 5 - 6 turns,
                        Non-Religious AI on Regent : 5 - 8 turns.
                        Non-Religious AI on Warlord & below : 5 - 9 turns.

Edit: There is also a heavy bises on Monarchy AI non-Religious to 6 turns.
                        (5 can only occur if the city count is on the lowest category + that dice roll adds the least)

On Regent AI non-religious, there's a double chance of hiting 8 turns.
                        Last edited by joncnunn; January 18, 2005, 18:31.
                        Templar Science Minister

Comment

Originally posted by joncnunn
                          If your objective is winning via Space Race, your still better off as a Representive Govt. (Same applies via UN, but being at war with multiple AIs is a contra-indicator for that; more likely building the UN might be needed just to filibuster it)

Of course, actually being able to keep up in science as a Commie govt is a strong indication that your well on the way to a dominination victory.
                          heh, that's true. I easily had the most land. I usually have around 30% when I convert. And usually bring myself up to 50% of the land.

Comment

Originally posted by joncnunn

All AIs on Sid : 1 turn
                            This is why I do not pay any attention to what form of government they are in, exccept as an FYI. They can be pushed out of dem, but it does not cost them much.

Now if it was on emperor, you can hurt them by forcing a switch.

Comment

Working...
                            X