No announcement yet.

Communism or democracy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A large modernized Army and Navy can be built easily under Democracy, actually easier than Republic becuase of Republic's 2X after the limit.

Also, wars of attritution especally in foreign territory should be avoided like the plague under Democracy, because that can bring down the government.

The most productive way in Democracy is to engage the major AI stacks inside your own territory where killing them doesn't cause WW, and then send overwhleming forces that quickly seize cities, bringing them into your territory. It also helps if the AI is the one declaring war first, if you've granted Universal Suffrage, and with Police Stations everywhere. After all battles, check all cities for happiness, because happiness can drop in the middle of your turn, especally if your losing units.

A human playing a non-religious civ picking Democracy is indicating that they are going for a peaceful victory condition [UN / Space Race / Culture ], and is probably only planning to use the military they've built up if Uranium or another space ship resource is not found in their territory.

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll

prefer Communism or democracy?

I wonder as war is tough on Democracy and well..bigger civs mean bigger armies to defend & have for a quick reponse strike team...

so Democracy would seem at face value to have some substanial setbacks later in game
    1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
    Templar Science Minister
    AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Just finished the game with a domination victory. Managed to take half of the Chinese empire when my erstwhile ally, the Indians stabbed me in the back. Made peace with China and smashed the Indians. Got Modern Armor and quickly had 3 MA armies. These were invincible and I crushed the other half of the Chinese empire and the weak Persians, leaving only the backwards Greeks on an island.

I found that using Communism did help. I was able to maintain a large army and remain at war virtually all the time. I was still able to keep up in techs with the Ai mostly at Fascism.

All in all a good experiment. I must say that these games at Emperor are a significant time commitment. That one took 31 hours.

Comment

Yes, modern era wars are time consuming.

I'm a fan in SP of the UN victory. (Generally requires 4+ surviving players including yourself.)

1. Stay peaceful with as many AIs as possible throughout the game, but if you go to war once with an AI, try to totally eliminate that one before the modern era begins so it can't vote aqianst you.

2. Upon starting construction of the UN, figure out who is most likely going to be eligble as a candidate besides yourself.

3. One turn before completion, sign a RoP and MMP with all players except that other candidate.

4. Then join a war in progress against the other candidate or else start one yourself.

5. Now sign Military Alliances with everyone against that other candidate. Don't actually take any of his cities. You don't want to disqualifiy him being a candidate by reducing his population or territory.

6. Now grant a tech as a gift to all non-canidates.

7. End the turn, call the vote when it occurs, vote for yourself and celebrate your victory by a wide margin.
        1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
        Templar Science Minister
        AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Working...
        X