No announcement yet.

Ye 'ole Iron Works

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first time ever and in a core city! Chieftain level probably helped And yes yes i know my city spacings are wide.
    Attached Files
    Who is Barinthus?

Comment

What is the name of the city behind that musketman on the left? Sorry, but it's bugging me. It looks like slave cave, lol.

Comment

Slave Camp 3. I got ten or so of those. Mostly cities that have flipped over to me. Now they are worker pumps

Also have you ever posted a screenie? What size do you usually use (pxls)? I thought that 800*800 were the limit but mine end up looking smaller than others
        Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Hehe, I think you should give each slave camp it's own name, like 'laborers of love' and 'miner town'.

I usually photoshop my screens down to the bare minimum and make them as small as possible yet still be legible. But that's just me.

Comment

This is a stupid question but I have to ask. What do you do with them when they are no longer churning out captured workers?? I'm assuming you abandon it??? Other wise your just producing native workers and they add to your support total. Besides, having a slave camp next to an Iron Works isn't maximizing that cities potential.
            "And his word shall carry
            death eternal to those who
            stand against righteousness."

Comment

Native Workers are good for blitz-growing own cities by adding them, especially if you have Railroads to do it on the same turn they are built. And if the Iron Works city is using mostly Mines, leaving the camp there shouldn't be a problem.
              Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckdelicious
                Hehe, I think you should give each slave camp it's own name, like 'laborers of love' and 'miner town'.

I usually photoshop my screens down to the bare minimum and make them as small as possible yet still be legible. But that's just me.
                Heh I guess I'm not creative, I just want to get on the game.

I want my screenies to be large as possible so my fans can adore my works
                Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Originally posted by Muad'Dib
                  This is a stupid question but I have to ask. What do you do with them when they are no longer churning out captured workers?? I'm assuming you abandon it??? Other wise your just producing native workers and they add to your support total. Besides, having a slave camp next to an Iron Works isn't maximizing that cities potential.
                  Not a stupid question. I'm still learning the game - this is my mmm third Epic game I believe.

Actually what happened was that when those cities started to flip over to me, I had gold flow problems. I had been rexxing too rapidly at the expense of neglecting my tile developments and also my cities were too stretched out so corruption was a big issue. So I was steadily losing gold so I placed those camps on wealth. It helped to slow down the gold hemorrhaging. Looking back, my mistake at that time was that I decided to focus on building FP to help with corruption in a city surrounded by jungle tiles. Since I did not have any leaders, FP would have to be built brick by brick so I had workers clearing away jungles and improving tiles which tied up a lot of manpower. I should have, instead, focused on developing other core cities whose tiles are easier to develop. Also I had this tendency to focus on culture-producing improvements and only built courthouse after I finished all available culture-producing improvements. Now I realize that I should have done the courthouse first before at least undertaking some major culture-producing improvements such as Colosseum and University.

I did not have those 'slave camps' produce workers until very recently right before when I discovered Steam Power (for railroads) so by then, those cities have already gone native.

I probably will just disband those cities after I've completed railroading all vital tiles. I could take Modo44's suggestion (I knew of it but it didn't occur to me to use this tactic) but I'm sure by then the game will be nearly over if not already. This game is on 540 turns limit and I'm on around 470th turn.

For my next epic game, I plan to set up a thread with screenies and saves so you guys can give me feedback, input, criticism, suggestions, or whatever
                  Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Very cool Barinthus. I've started and finished another epic game since posting this thread. No iron works possible...anywhere on the map

My luck I guess.
                    Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

Thanks but it's nothing impressive I suppose considering it's just a Chieftain game.

Wow you're faster at playing this game than I am. I've been very busy lately although and haven't been able to sit down and play for few weeks. I started the current epic game early October.
                      Who is Barinthus?

Comment

[SIZE=1] ...
                        Forbidden Palace/Iron Works is one helluva combo. I always dely building the Forbidden Palace with the hopes that I have the opportunity to build Iron Works.
                        Seems like a very strong combo indeed

Which still leaves me wondering how smart it is to delay the FP until railroads. Normally I just build the FP on first opportunity as IW sites are so rare anyway.
                        Don't eat the yellow snow.

Comment

As I was quoted saying above and in past replies, the FP is not important to me unless I can combine it with the IW.
                          "And his word shall carry
                          death eternal to those who
                          stand against righteousness."

Comment

Working...
                          X