No announcement yet.

techs..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't use it myself, but I am aware of it. You know I am fond of crushing them with force.

Comment

Agreed

Originally posted by vmxa1
      If you care about relationships, you could consider gifting the civ some gold and then sell the tech. Now you get the 50 they started with and the amount you gifted.

You end up with the same net cash, but got a bunch of attaboy points.
      1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
      Templar Science Minister
      AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Originally posted by Modo44
        It depends. Selling technology so cheap is close to gifting it and will improve your relations with the AI.
        I don't believe this is correct. Selling techs cheaply does not improve AI attitude, only gifts do. Even if you sell a tech for 1g, it will have no positive effect on attitude.

So, as vmxa1 points out, you need to first gift them cash (I think the limit is 100, after that there is no effect on attitude), then sell them a tech to get all your cash back plus whatever else they have. Either that, or just gift them the tech.
        So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
        Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Comment

I'm pretty sure that when you give the AI a favorable deal, their Attitude toward you will improve. When I trade Code of Laws to the Germans for 80 Gold they always go from "Annoyed" to "Polite". Obviously relations would improve even more if I gifted the tech to them, but I prefer the 80 Gold!
          And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

With a face like that Id say you scared the money out of them...

But yea, sometimes it seems like any trade at all will bump up yer relations with the civ. Its almost like theyve forgotten you are friendly and need to be reminded...

Comment

I can't speak to the good deal apsect of attitude, but I can say that accepting any deal as offered has a positive impact.

I would just switch to a gift then sell basic if the amount tendered was very small or a flat out gift.

Comment

Originally posted by Aqualung71
                I don't believe this is correct. Selling techs cheaply does not improve AI attitude, only gifts do. Even if you sell a tech for 1g, it will have no positive effect on attitude.
                I definately have experienced that many times, both in PTW and in C3C. Not only with selling tech, but also with giving them other favorable deals.

If they are furious already, you "might" not notice the attitude change.
                Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

Originally posted by Shr3dZ
                  With a face like that Id say you scared the money out of them...
                  My chief diplomat has much better looks...
                  And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

IIRC from Bamspeedy's article, any deal with the AI temporarily improves their attitude towards you by the same amount. A gift improves it more.

So if you can afford to give them something for relatively cheap, it's better to first give them a free gift, and then make a normal trade and get your gift back.

Comment

Yeah, I remember that now. I keep forgetting to do that...

-Arrian
                      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

I'll have to go read Bamspeedy's article again then. I thought a cheap sale didn't help attitude
                        So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
                        Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Comment

Along the lines of what Alexman said, I believe it's a simple yes or no as to whether you've made a deal with that AI in the last x (10?) turns, or have an ongoing deal.
                          Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Working...
                          X