No announcement yet.

Do you consider this an exploit, see pic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm... Shogun Gunner's post reminds me of Greek expansion across the Aegean Sea.
    The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Not an exploit, but Montezuma must be totally pissed off!
      I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Hell they take half the fun out of the game (goddamn honour monkeys)

Comment

Originally posted by bongo

Mental note to self, never play PBEMs against these guys. I routinely employ 90% of all their 'dastardly' and 'exploitavly' tactics. I would make them explode with anger somewhere in the ancient age
          I saw this site last night. Wow, what tightwads. I didn't realize I was so "dastardly" in my actions. Oh well, I will have to find some way to live with that.

Bongo, you Wittlich and I were downright DASTARDLY in our Napoleonic PBEM!!!! I'm still mourning the end of that PBEM.

P.S. I like your little boy in your avatar! Quite amusing.
          Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

Too bad the second coalition PBEM crashed Come to think of it, I have yet to finish a PBEM in a 'normal' way (well, I play less PBEMs than Paddy anyway )

One have to distinguish between 'normal' games and 'special' games though. The second coalition was a game where we could expose and enhance our insanity. Being a Dastard is so much fun
            Don't eat the yellow snow.

Comment

Originally posted by bongo
              Too bad the second coalition PBEM crashed Come to think of it, I have yet to finish a PBEM in a 'normal' way (well, I play less PBEMs than Paddy anyway )
              EVERYONE plays less PBEMs than Paddy!
              Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

Exploit, shmexploit. If the AI can exploit tech trading to build undeserved tech leads, you can take one luxury in this way.

And that web site, sheesh, they even say that building privateers are dastardly. If it's so dastardly them mod it out!
                None, Sedentary, Roving, Restless, Raging ... damn, is that all? Where's the "massive waves of barbarians that can wipe out your civilisation" setting?

Comment

Originally posted by Flip McWho
                  Honour Monkey is actually a really good expression
                  Don't eat the yellow snow.

Comment

Originally posted by Antrine

Facing a moral quandary, see link above! ...
                    Wow, thanks for the link - I really like their approach. I agree with much of their philosophy, and not just the strict rules on exploits. Playing with no fast-movers sounds like an interesting challenge, and would probably make a good AU course.

I wouldn't like to play without the Big Picture opportunities though - as it's the only way to be sure to be able to sell a tech you've discovered before an AI who gets it after you on that turn, it having devalued.

For example, all the restrictions on threaties I agreed with, and these sort of rules can keep the game challenging on the lower levels - ideal if you fancy a tougher game without the 'hole' of the higher levels.

Comment

Originally posted by Flip McWho
                      Not for them, or they wouldn't be doing it. Their set of rules is just another optional mod for players to explore if they want to.

Comment

You welcome!

The list of outright cheats did not interest me, as learning them would present a moral quandary of 'breaking the habit'. However, all the dastardly stuff is common ground in both play style and mod making. So I am no 'knight', I'd rather dance naked for ladies and keep one step ahead of their husbands!!

See you in fantasy land... er maybe unless your a one of those goodly knights.
                        The Graveyard Keeper
                        Of Creation Forum
                        If I can't answer you don't worry
                        I'll send you elsewhere

Comment

This is not an exploit, but I would build city there or eventually it will be lost to the Aztecs. Bring along a few good defenders and a couple of bombardment units when you do.
                          * A true libertarian is an anarchist in denial.
                          * If brute force isn't working you are not using enough.
                          * The difference between Genius and stupidity is that Genius has a limit.
                          * There are Lies, Damned Lies, and The Republican Party.

Comment

Working...
                          X