Where did THIS one come from?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rommel2D
    True the walls disappear in the graphics, but there is still an icon on the city screen that says "city walls" next to it. I have no actual experience one way or the other, but I'd be surprised if the ZoC effect disappeared just because the graphics change...
    I have understood it is stated in the game rules that walls have no effect on cities above size six.

You are right in that the icon remains... I believe this is so that if the city decreases in size, you won't have to build the walls again, and for the graphical purpose: if you've ever looked at the city view graphics (or whatever it's called), you can see parts of the walls intact in large cities, with the city spreading beyond them. It makes sense the walls have no effect above size 6 because they wanted to model the fact that no large city can be surrounded by defensive walls.

Comment

So if I build walls for a city larger than 6, I'm wasting my time and shields?
      Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Pre-Conquests, yes. With Conquests, there doesn't seem to be a difinitive answer on the ZoC thing, but that would be the only benefit. (Although, if the city drops back below a 7 population, the walls do take effect again.)

Most of these little tweaks added to Conquests are for gameplay purposes, and ignore any realism considerations, often moving away from it. It seems more likely to me that the ZoC would be linked to the presence of the walls, not to the amount of defensive bonus they offer.

As far as realism is concerned, wasn't Constantinople a rather large city that benefited from defensive walls...?
        Enjoy Slurm - it's highly addictive!

Comment

Working...
        X