How do you like to win?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Last Conformist
    I just don't have much interest in wars on other continents. It's a pain, and the cities are worthless.

They're not - they provide free unit support for the glorious armies of the Imperial Republic.
    Aside from just winning:

"Fun and Games with Intercontinental Invasion"

Boy, does that have a nice ring to it, or what? Gotta nice rhythm in the phrase too, I think... good for young kids.
    The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Corruption needs to be fixed so you can have efficient empires late-game

Comment

That's what Communism is for.

Comment

You don't need an efficient empire in the late-game; an efficient core is enough.

It's actually pretty realistic too - just look at how much of the total industrial, economical and military might the European motherlands amounted to in the good ol' British and French Empires. Or, less extremely, look how much of the SU's strength was located west of the Urals.
          Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
          The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

As a builder, I usually went for space victory. couple of times I did UN victory. Never have had a culture victory, or even dominion. In my current game I will go for dominion with population.
            If you don't like reality, change it! me
            "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
            "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
            "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I usually seek full-spectrum dominance (aka Ultimate Power), but rarely actually finish games anymore. I have a whole slew of saved games from the early to mid industrial era.

-Arrian
              grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

My games usually just "happen" to end in a cultural victory. Even in warmongering games, because I rush many buildings to prevent culture flips. Playing a religious civ (Japan, Poland) and large/huge maps also helps.
                Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

Originally posted by Modo44
                  My games usually just "happen" to end in a cultural victory. Even in warmongering games, because I rush many buildings to prevent culture flips. Playing a religious civ (Japan, Poland) and large/huge maps also helps.
                  sounds like bliss
                  Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                  I am of the Horde.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
                    I usually seek full-spectrum dominance (aka Ultimate Power), but rarely actually finish games anymore. I have a whole slew of saved games from the early to mid industrial era.

-Arrian
                    [Theseus nagging]

Time for Emperor, my friend.

[/end Theseus nagging]

I've been playing my first "just for fun" game in a while, and of course ended up with no resources... makes for a fun challenge, instead of UP.

I have a real issue with gaining reliable iron and saltpeter... even though I am playing the Hittites, think about that for a second!
                    The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist
                      If I'm gonna lose, I'm gonna bring the world down in flames around me.
                      COPYCAT!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X