This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *****es that quit when I win

Aside from being a great game, Civ 3 has it's downfalls.

Like the people that quit the game as soon as you kill two or three of their units early on- they just see their inevitable destruction coming, so rather than surrender the cities to you, they simply goto 'Quit Game'. I guess they are thinking "Screw this douchebag, although he outsmarted me, he still isn't getting **** because I'm a jerkoff irl"

This lowlife and degenerate act is practiced in nearly every single Civ3 game that I've played.

In most games, it takes a considerable amount of time to build up to the war level in multiplayer civ3, which is why it's such an issue to me to be in the middle of invading a civ and voila, they quit and all the cities turn to debris. I have been in the middle ages online, and I made a road up to his only iron town. Ran in 10 artillery,4 infantry and 4 pikeman. The guy quits before I even fire off a shot, what kind of **** is that?!? This happened to me two days ago, what kind of person leaves a four hour game for a petty reason like that. Sure I would've taken that town and the 2 others beside it, but why quit like you already lost WTF??!?

When I see the end coming, I open the diplo window and give my cities away out of respect. If you lose a fight, shake the guys hand afterwards and consider it a lesson in pugilism. Don't storm off with a swolt up eye like a gimp without saying a word, which is what you are doing when you quit the game.

Dunnagan[NoobDefiler]
    Last edited by Dunnagan; July 16, 2004, 21:25.

I would suggest you name players like that so others can avoid them.

Comment

Maybe you're playing in a game variant where a civ is disbanded when its capital is taken.

Comment

Why is this in the Strategy forum?

Annoying opponents? Welcome to MP. This is true of any game. Makes you appreciate the AI and SP a bit more.
        And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

Dunnagan, post this in the MP forum and I daresay you'll get some interesting responses and who knows, you may actually do some good. I'd be happy to post my (limited) experiences there. But not here
          So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
          Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Comment

I can understand quitting when the outcome of the game is already pretty much determined , but it should turn the empire over to an ai if he still has cities and workers left.

Comment

Bad manners in MP, who would have thunk it?!?

Either play with friends, or play expecting it to happen. No use complaining about it as the people who do that are looking to upset you by it. You beat them at the game, why let them 'win' this way?

Comment

Originally posted by Aqualung71
                Dunnagan, post this in the MP forum and I daresay you'll get some interesting responses and who knows, you may actually do some good. I'd be happy to post my (limited) experiences there. But not here
                yeah. strategy forum is always a good place to post when you want to be heard, definately one of the most read topics. it's the first thing I looked at and clicked on when I came here.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson
                  Bad manners in MP, who would have thunk it?!?

Either play with friends, or play expecting it to happen. No use complaining about it as the people who do that are looking to upset you by it. You beat them at the game, why let them 'win' this way?
                  I like the games with all the regulars in them, but not always can you get a good game like that, sometimes I play late..you can't be choosy about your opposition at 2-3am when you just want a quick victory on a tiny pangea anyway =P

Comment

Seems lilke you got your quick victory then
                    So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
                    Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Comment

Originally posted by Dunnagan
                      yeah. strategy forum is always a good place to post when you want to be heard, definately one of the most read topics. it's the first thing I looked at and clicked on when I came here.
                      That still doesn't make it right.
                      "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                      "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                      2004 Presidential Candidate
                      2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Originally posted by Aqualung71
                        Seems lilke you got your quick victory then
                        I lost that game unfortuanately, got ambushed with my military on the other side of the map..

Comment

Originally posted by Vince278

That still doesn't make it right.

"Disneyland!" -Adam Sandler

Comment

Originally posted by Dunnagan
                            Ah, I see.
                            Deja vu? Weren't we discussing this exact same thing in another thread about a day or ago?
                            "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                            "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                            2004 Presidential Candidate
                            2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Originally posted by Vince278

Deja vu? Weren't we discussing this exact same thing in another thread about a day or ago?
                              no.

Comment

Working...
                              X