Civ Traits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OzzyKP
    What if the civ I captured them from is industrial, do they get a bonus then?
    No.

Originally posted by Arrian
    Militaristic - increased promotion rate for units that win battles. This translates into more elite units, which in turns means more MGLs (indirectly, of course), starts game with warrior code (except the Japanese, who get the wheel).
    Arrian, I thought Militarist civs also got a better chance of generating MGL's from Elite units (which is in itself a promotion I guess)......not just because chances are they have more Elite units.

Also, the corruption bonus for commercial, could someone explain that in a way that doesn't use long mathematical formulas?
    Rank or OCN Corruption in a city is determined by the city's rank (measured by its relative distance from the capital) as a proportion of twice the Optimal City Number (OCN). This formula changes if you exceed your OCN. The OCN is determined by map size and a number of adjusting in-game factors, of which having the Commercial trait is one (others being difficulty level, presence of FP, SPHQ, courthourse, police station and government type). Increasing the OCN for a city will therefore decrease it's Rank Corruption. Commercial trait increases the OCN for all cities by 25%, which of course increases the denominator in the formula and hence decreases the Rank Corruption %. No formula's, but there's really no simple way to put it

Expansionist seems to be the most worthless of the traits. Even with the trait and a few scouts I've never gotten more than 3-4 huts at the most. That's not enough of an edge in a game to really care about.
    It is at the higher levels, when an extra settler or early tech can make all the difference. A lot of the better players value the Expansionist trait very highly - naturally because they are playing the more difficult levels.
    So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
    Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Comment

All slaves are 1/2 speed now. All workers will get the boost from Rep Parts.

Comment

Well if you look formula in that barbarian huts thread you'll see that biggest chance to get city or settler is if playing on Demigod with Exp civ (28.6%).

Comment

Arrian, I thought Militarist civs also got a better chance of generating MGL's from Elite units (which is in itself a promotion I guess)......not just because chances are they have more Elite units.
          No, I'm 99% sure that has never been the case. It's an indirect effect of the promotion rate. The actual GL-creation rate is the same for all (1/16 on attack, increased to 1/12 with the Heroic Epic, 1/32 on defense, increased to 1/24 with HE). Militaristic civs just have a lot more elite units (if they're doing some fighting, that is).

-Arrian
          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Half Price Buildings

Agricultural - Aqueduct, Hospital
            Scientific - Lib, Uni, Research Lab
            Militaristic - Barracks, Harbour (boats are military units), Airport
            Seafaring - Harbour, Commercial Dock
            Religious - Temple, Cathedral

Industrial, Commercial, Expansionaist - none
            You're missing some:

AGR: Aquaduct,Recycling Centre, Solar Plant, not Hospitals!
            SCI: Lib, Uni, Research Lab
            MIL: Walls , Barracks, Harbor, Airport, SAM Missile Battery, Civil Defence, Coastal Fortress
            SEA: Coastal Fortress, Harbor, Comm Dock, Offshore Platform

Religious - Temple, Cathedral

Industrial, Commercial, Expansionaist - none

Especially the late game SEA combination of Com Docks and Offshore platform is very strong, making a non-SCI Civ like the Vikings and especially England research powerhouses in the Modern Ages, and good choices for high-level Space Victories.
            And the late MIL boni are surprisingly strong as well.

Comment

I could of sworn we had an updated traits summary for C3C somewhere...
              The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Does MIL get a walls bonus? I swear I didn't notice that before.

And people laughed when I first asked, and said I should check the civilopedia. Ha, people still don't have it figured out.
                Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

They get walls cheaper (just 10 shields).

Comment

So does Seafaring and Commerical bonuses stack for the English? A coast city would get bonuses of +2, +4 & +6?

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

If they stack for English on a seafaring city, it would be 0, 4, 6.

It would probably have 1 less corruption as well.
                      1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                      Templar Science Minister
                      AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Don't seafaring cities get +1 commerce for the basic level city?

Comment

Seafaring and Commercial does stack.

England starting on a rivered gold hill on the coast = lots of early beakers.

Comment

I could be wrong, but I think seafaring uses the same rules as commerical civs on those cities that are coastal. (Other than corruption)

Don't seafaring cities get +1 commerce for the basic level city?
                            Templar Science Minister
                            AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Well, it's losing 2 potiental shields (just 1 during Despotism) compared to the oposite bank of the river.

Originally posted by Kloreep
                              Seafaring and Commercial does stack.

England starting on a rivered gold hill on the coast = lots of early beakers.
                              Templar Science Minister

Comment

Working...
                              X