No announcement yet.

How to Choose Among Similar Units ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would agree that MechInf are more useful than TOW if you have the option to build either as defensive units. They are both faster (thus better able to keep up with your advance if advancing) and have a higher defense (thus better at stopping advances by the enemy).

The primarily utility of TOW Infantry is that they do not require any strategic resources and can be transported by helicopters. The defensive bombard is but minimally useful.
    Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
    Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
    7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Originally posted by Arnelos

The primarily utility of TOW Infantry is that they do not require any strategic resources and can be transported by helicopters. The defensive bombard is but minimally useful.
      Exactly. I personally would NEVER build TOW given the option of building either.
      "Got the rock from Detroit, soul from Motown"
      - Kid Rock "American Badass"

Comment

I was thinking of a stack of several of each, being attacked by a number of attackers. As alexman says, whether it's preferable to a pure MI stack depends on what attacks it and how many.

Obviously, if the number of attackers is not greater than the number of MI in the mixed stack, the mixed stack always defends better, since no TOW is ever going to expose it's lower defense value to actual combat.
        Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
        The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Working...
        X