Poll: KHARTOUM (Sudan 1883-84)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll: KHARTOUM (Sudan 1883-84)

I am working on several ideas for my first scenario, for C3C.

Would there be players interested in a scenario on udan 1883-84?

Basically cover in a general way the whole area at a strategic level.

2-3 players:1 with British-Egyptian forces, 2 others with Ansar.

The objective of the Ansar-Derviche players would be to capture several cities and Khartoum, whilst the British would have to mount expeditions to prevent this and ultimately save General Charles Gordon in Khartoum.

Will there be playtester volunteers if I go ahead with this?

Yes
    75.00%
    No
    12.50%
    Yes, and would offer to playtest
    12.50%
    Don't know
    0.00%
    Khartoum, Sudan Wars 1883-85
    an Epic of the Wars in the Sudan
    A new mod for CIV III Conquests Finally HERE !

I'll playtest, but I won't be able to help you much(my reports of bugs and such may be few and far between) due to school and baseball. You should recruit people at www.civfanatics.com, as they have more people(that is where I usually am). If you want to contact me via CivFanatics, my screen name on that site is Sims2789(same as this one but with a capital S).
    Go to http://www.geocities.com/civilizationplus for even more great downloads!

Comment

Thanks will be back to you

Thanks. I'm not really thinking of thorough bug reports, just maybe that you play around with the scenario and tell me what you think and if you have any suggestios to improve it or whatever...all very casual.

I already havea working copy but it does have a bug and stops working after a certain number of turns as it doesn't seem to find something it needs in the pediacon files. Working on that right now.

The other things is that I am not too experienced in this editor and would like to add a couple of custom units (that other people have created), mainly the british redcoat from the zulu scenario at civfanatics (I know that the British had sand coloured coats not red in this campaign), and a camel unit.

Will be back to you here or at Civfanatics (i am there too with same name) once I have the scenario working.

Comment

Update/Expanded details

I am working on several ideas for my first scenario, for C3C.

Basically cover in a general way the whole area at a strategic level.

2-3 players:1 with British-Egyptian forces, 2 others with Ansar.

The objective of the Ansar-Derviche players would be to capture several cities and Khartoum, whilst the British would have to mount expeditions to prevent this and ultimately save General Charles Gordon in Khartoum.

Current Status:
        -Map is 60 wide x 100 tall.
        -Covers from Wadi Halfa North down to below Khartoum, with El Obeid and other cities. Also have part of the Red Sea with Suakim port and a land mass that represents from where the Suakim expeditions come (India-London).
        -Northern part also includes abstractly London-Cairo, from where Wolesley will arrive after a while with fresh troops to mount a major expedition.

-Only two special units projected, subject to gettin gauthorization from owners (if any): British Rifleman (a redcoat unit that appears in the Zulu war scenario...although in the Sudan I think there were no "red coats" in the sense that they wore desert coloured coats), and Camel Unit for the Derviches/Ansar.

-There will be a Regicide victory. The British leader is General Gordon, who starts off at Khartoum, which also is the capital city of Britain. The two Ansar/Derviche, repsented by the Arab and Hiite civs, have one leader each, The Mahdi and Osman Digna.

Shouldn't be saying this, but don't expect a finely detailed, researched, 100% percent representation of this war as I am new to C3C, adn cannot compare to the semi-professional scenarios and mods i find on these forums. Nevertheless the scenario will give a good feel of the difficulties faced by each opponent during the great campaign, which is my main objective.

Any playtesters interested let me know. Only casual playtesting requestd, no big detailed bug reports, just playing aroudn with the scenario and giving me some feedback and ideas toi fine tune it. Will send first version for playtesting very soon now... :king:

Comment

PANAG: :I have a save ready for your playtest. How can I forward it to you? (PM me with your email if you want).

The map could be larger, could be smaller...it just depends on the criteria of the designer I guess.

Comment

ATTENTION ALL OTHER PLAYTESTERS:
            Please let me have your email ona PM so I can send you a zip file taht contains the save and related files.
            h, also lt me know what version C3C you have (1.15 or 1.22)

Comment

Originally posted by Thrust123
              PANAG: :I have a save ready for your playtest. How can I forward it to you? (PM me with your email if you want).

The map could be larger, could be smaller...it just depends on the criteria of the designer I guess.

hi ,

will email you after the weekend

have a nice day
              - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
              - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
              WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Playtest with this save C3C v1.15 or v1.22

Since my email account doesn't allow me sending larger files, I have uploaded them to Apolyton. So if you want to playest a bit:

EDIT Nov 13th 2016 - Deleting the download for the old tentative scenario of 12 years ago as no longer relevant. The new mod is completely different, with new units, techs, etc.
                Last edited by Thrust123; November 13, 2016, 12:25. Reason: Old upload links no longer relevant

Comment

And 14 years later....

I am proud to announce the imminent realease of my scenario on The Sudan Wars 1883-85 which will be titled:

EDIT (New Title of the MOD): Khartoum, Sudan Wars 1883-85

For CIV III Conquests

I will start a new thread soon.

Expect to upload next weekend Nov 19-20th EDIT: Published thread announcing the completion of the mod with download links 23rd Nov 16 but for some reason not approved by moderator ???

Click image for larger version

Name:	Khartoum P2-Scr.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	303.4 KB
ID:	9103142
                  Last edited by Thrust123; November 25, 2016, 10:49.

Comment

Name:	Khartoum P2-Scr.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	303.4 KB
ID:	9103139

Name:	Khartoum-Map and Reinfunits.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	483.5 KB
ID:	9103140

Comment

Working...
                    X