Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just had a rather sick idea for a WWII scenario...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nuclear Master

That's more disgusting than the first idea.
    a) Vince specifically asked for sick ideas.

b) It's better than Kuciwalker's idea, because it does not give the Nazi player any ahistorical material benefits, but does nonetheless encourage him to try and achieve historical Nazi goals.
    Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
    The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

• Originally posted by Last Conformist
      but does nonetheless encourage him to try and achieve historical Nazi goals.
      Now there's an interesting thought. Sounds like adding role-playing elements to Civ. An idea for Civ4?
      "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
      "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
      2004 Presidential Candidate
      2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

• and what about mustard gas in ww1.

speaking of. I think we need more ww1 scenarios.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dissident
          and what about mustard gas in ww1.

speaking of. I think we need more ww1 scenarios.
          Is there even one?

Comment

• Originally posted by Switch
            I find it somewhat ironic that Nuclear Master should post at this time

I don't think this is a good thread for a France/US battle...take that to the OT fora.
            Plural?

Comment

• Plural what?

Comment

• Fora.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kucinich
                  Fora.

Well, there is so much spam in the off topic, some people consider it as two forums

Comment

• @Dissident & NM: There's a couple of ambitious WWI scenarios available at CFC - Marla and Gogf's "July 1914" and Sarevok's "The Great War". The later is easier the more accurate, but I think the former is the more playable (it doesn't figure thousands of starting units, for a start).
                    Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                    The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

• Originally posted by Vince278
                      Wouldn't the Gestapo be more like the police in the cityview? You may be thinking SS.
                      The true SS is the Gestapo, and there is a difference between the Gestapo and the Waffen SS which were highly fanatical, and loyal units in the army.
                      * A true libertarian is an anarchist in denial.
                      * If brute force isn't working you are not using enough.
                      * The difference between Genius and stupidity is that Genius has a limit.
                      * There are Lies, Damned Lies, and The Republican Party.

Comment

Working...
                      X