No announcement yet.

Licence to print money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The point is there are no units to disband or improvements to sell.

And I have to admit I was thinking "if only they used double entry book-keeping as a basis for programming then this wouldn't be a problem - Every debit has an equal and opposite credit".
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Ah ok, so it does work the way I thought. It's tricky to exploit properly........maybe an extreme settler flood ICS.

Comment

Units do not get disbanded, as long as you are under the free support limit.

Comment

Yeah I realise that........I'm just trying to think how best to exploit this, if one were that way inclined.

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin
            Each turn you go to the diplomacy screen, offer 4gpt and accept. As deals last 20 turns the maximum concurrent 4gpt deals you can have is 20. 20*4=80gpt. You can multiply by another 2 to 160 if you repeat the deal with another civ.
            Of course!
            /me slaps his head

Does this work the same way in PBEM/Hotseat as well? There are some small difference IIRC in these types of play. I can't see it being of much use to anyone in an SP game, unless you were preparing for a huge war on a civ, dished out all the gold you could, and then demanded it all back off them as reparations after a successful attack - assuming they couldn't spend it ( Despots or Fascists) and had no other civ to spend it on.
            Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

I've not tried in any PBEMs but it definitely works in hotseat, which is how I confirmed the cash was being received in human-human deals and not just AI-human deals.

This method could easily be used in an early game tech trade, even without the other player knowing if needs be. You could offer any per turn amounts you wanted to compensate for different tech values and you get the tech without losing the per turn amount.

e.g say you wanted alphabet but can only offer pottery, (value difference 80 gold (for sake of argument). You offer pottery and 3gpt - apparently a trade in your opponents favour, except of course that 3gpt isn't coming out of your pocket. You end the deal up by alphabet, them by 60gold and pottery - i.e you end the trade up relatively 20 gold.

Comment

If you research the early Enron tech you can double the fruits of your abuse.

Comment

Research off-balance sheet accounting?

I'm guessing you mean pyramid building and free granaries.

Comment

But seriously, how long can you go on exploiting this until it starts to seriously detract from your development?
                    So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
                    Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Comment

Well for quite a while if you are able to do a nice settler flood for the game in question. On a large map spit settlers and warriors, keeping the unit count below the limit.

Comment

Originally posted by Aqualung71
                        But seriously, how long can you go on exploiting this until it starts to seriously detract from your development?
                        Unfortunately in AP it's even more abusable, you can be over unit support and maintain your army size, provided you can crank out at least one warrior a turn. In Quickciv, it's downright broken.
                        Friedrich Psitalon
                        Admin, Civ4Players Ladder
                        Consultant, Firaxis Games

Comment

AP?

Comment

accelerated production?

Comment

Um... right, sure thought THAT acronym was universal. Glad I didn't mention how active-MP was often QC these days....
                              Friedrich Psitalon
                              Admin, Civ4Players Ladder
                              Consultant, Firaxis Games

Comment

I don't play accelerate production so didn't think of AP as its abbreviation.

Comment

Working...
                                X