X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

updated stats
    very little change for industrious

Comment

4/5, even under C3C rules. So much is made of the drop from the 100% efficiency bonus and the difference in slave worker speeds that I think a lot of people lose sight of just how powerful this trait still is. Perhaps my perspective on the trait is biased by playng a lot of cramped PBEM games over the past several months where that extra worker efficiency makes all of the difference in the world, but this is one hell of a powerful trait.

2 turns on a road rather than 3, 3 turns on a forest chop rather than 4, 4 turns on a mine rather than 6... these may not seem like much, but boy do they add up over time. That little bit of extra production early on from the mines finished faster and forest chopped faster will give you that granary sooner... which will give you your first settler and your next workers sooner... and so on.

It must be remembered that even tiny bonuses very early in the game can be compounded over time into enormous advantages later on.

Frankly, especially for tight PBEM games, I'm convinced that industrious has become, in C3C, one of if not the most underrated trait.
      Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
      Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
      7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

3-4 c3c, if it was ptw defintely 5.
        :-p

Comment

Fallen from over the top 5 down to a solid 4.

While it's not nearly as important for choping forests, the lack of it is very noticable when needing to clear jungles and railroad everywhere.
          1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
          Templar Science Minister
          AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

I agree with Arnelos....very underrated. The comments about less workers required for the same amount of work (and hence lower support costs) or just building more workers are of course valid, but miss the main point.

The most important thing in this game is pop growth, and pacing that growth with tile improvements. And the most important time for this is the early game, when you have few cities and it hurts to divert build queues to the production of workers. Not so much because it prevents you from building other goodies, but because it puts your growth on hold (short of a food-rich worker pump, which you're probably not going to have ultra early).

Having faster workers means having to build less of them, which means pop growth is faster....and growth is power.
            So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
            Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Comment

Originally posted by Aqualung71
              I agree with Arnelos....very underrated. The comments about less workers required for the same amount of work (and hence lower support costs) or just building more workers are of course valid, but miss the main point.

The most important thing in this game is pop growth, and pacing that growth with tile improvements. And the most important time for this is the early game, when you have few cities and it hurts to divert build queues to the production of workers. Not so much because it prevents you from building other goodies, but because it puts your growth on hold (short of a food-rich worker pump, which you're probably not going to have ultra early).

Having faster workers means having to build less of them, which means pop growth is faster....and growth is power.
              Bingo. You stated what I was trying to get at about early tile improvements, but made the case better.
              Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
              Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
              7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

The changes made this trait less desirable - and I liked this trait, a lot. Still, I think the mods were necessary for game balance. And is still a 4.

Comment

I'm with many of the others. I voted 4 ( 5 pre Conquests - 3 with Conquests).

Comment

Working...
                  X