Rank the traits: Industrious

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rank the traits: Industrious

Hi all. Long time reader, 1st time poster.
    I was curious how everyone would "rank" the traits.
    This time: Industrious

On a scale of 0-5, 0 being totally worthless and 5 being the best, how would everyone rank the Ind. trait?

Update

Industrious averaged 3.8 after 40 votes.
    2nd highest ranked.

chart coming soon
    0.00%
    0.00%
    2.22%
    35.56%
    37.78%
    24.44%
    Last edited by kobo1d; May 4, 2004, 10:11.

Oh how this one has fallen in C3C. I voted 3.

Comment

It's still good: the early roads help get you that little extra gold, and the movement bonus helps if you go for the archer rush.

Personally, I find it difficult to play (for fun) without this trait. My favourite civs are Carthage and Maya.
      You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

It's fallen since PTW, but is still very useful. I'd rank it a 4; only reason I don't pick 5 is that's Ag, and nothing can approach Ag.

Comment

There just is no logical way to put Ind on par with Commerce. A 25% boost in worker speed is not that useful. Make 25% more workers if it is so important.

Krill archer rushes are out in my games, they will not work and I won't have archers for a long time anyway.

Comment

updated stats

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1
              There just is no logical way to put Ind on par with Commerce. A 25% boost in worker speed is not that useful. Make 25% more workers if it is so important.
              It's 33%, and I beg to differ.

Comment

but if you are in republic, that eats away at your gpt revenue, since you will be above the unit support limit. The bonuses kind of equal out, especially on my games.

but do not forget the rapid RR'ing.
                You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

I just LOVE this trait (well, maybe except on extreme archipelago). Less workers = less gpt or, better, the same amount of workers is much more productive.

And the best way of rexxing (except on a 3-tiles island, of course) is to have a worker putting down a road ahead of the settlers.
                  The Mountain Sage of the Swiss Alps

Comment

Still one of the best traits, and still lets you get those early tile improvements finished more quickly which can put you a few turns ahead of the competition in the critical early stages.

Comment

Haven't voted yet. I'm torn between 2 and 3.

It's taken a HUGE hit from PTW. The boost is actually 50%. But that's down from 100%, and there is also the change made w/respect to slaves. Industrious civs used to get slaves that worked at the rate of non-industrious workers. In Conquests, all slaves work at 1/2 the speed of non-industrious workers, no matter which civ controls them.

Road building: 2 turns, instead of 3.
                      Irrigation: 3 instead of 4.
                      Chopping: 3 instead of 4.
                      Mining flat land: 4 instead of 6.

The changing in forest chop time is big, IMO. When the chocie was between 10 turns for 10 shields and 5 turns for 10 shields, it actually made a difference whether I was industrious or not. As an industrious civ, I could chop-assist an early granary. As a non-industrious civ, that rarely made much sense (better to improve other tiles). Now it just doesn't matter much.

I'll give it a 3.

-Arrian
                      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

updated stats

Comment

3 for me. As mentioned, weakened in C3C. Also, the 'advantage' can be obtained by using democracy or facism (even though I can only imagine the power of an industrius civ on facism during the rail road era :P)

And I'll have to agree with vmxa1, if you're having problems keeping up with tile-improvement, build more workers!

Comment

I don't care if they reduced this trait in Conquests. I like it. The main reason is that if I don't have it, then it feels like all my workers work like they were stuck in tarpits or something. I swear that even the animation is slower. (Well, maybe not) I want each worker to have in mind the goal of turning my empire into one big urban sprawl, and to work harder because of the challenge of that goal. An interesting thing is that since captured workers do not get the trait bonus, it ends up requiring an investment in gpt in order take advantage of the Industrious trait. The bigger the investment, the more advantage you get.

Voted 4
                            If you aren't confused,
                            You don't understand.

Comment

3. It's another one of the 'quiet traits' that works in the background for me, plus it almost always has at least some use. Would be 4, but I hear it took a serious power-hit. Still, I'd count it lucky if I had it in my random civ's picks. And it's associated wonders make it handy should UU fail me

Should be 3.5, really...having said that...
                              It's all my territory really, they just squat on it...!
                              She didn't declare war on me, she's just playing 'hard to get'...

Comment

Working...
                              X