Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Defeating the emperor level in c3c - help needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm usually pretty happy if I can find a single luxury anywhere near my capital
    So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
    Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Comment

These days I'll take one and like it.

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt

Wow. You must have a LOT of restarts. It's extremely rare for me to see this. Two lux within a few city radii of my start sure, but two within your natural radius?!
        Damn, I feel blessed if see two lux I won't have to fight for.

I get tempted to restart when I have NO lux, but still would likely play it through.
        One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
        You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Um, not with the city radius of the capital, merely two unique luxary resources within the area I intend to expend into during early game via some combination of peaceful settlement and military annexation.

Oh, I also moded the game so that luxaries and bonus resources take a while to show up on the map. (Last ones to show up on my mod are Gold and Gems which appear with Currency and Whales which appears with Map Making.)

Actually, the most common reason for me restarting is lack of irrigation possibilities pre-Electricy. That one does result in lots of restarts.

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt

Wow. You must have a LOT of restarts. It's extremely rare for me to see this. Two lux within a few city radii of my start sure, but two within your natural radius?!
          1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
          Templar Science Minister
          AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Also, the most civs I play with are 8 (other than the Rise of Rome & Age of Discovery) and the largest map I play on is the same size as Fall of Rome & Rise of Rome.

Fewer civs helps a lot with getting access to unique luxaries.
            1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
            Templar Science Minister
            AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Working...
            X