No announcement yet.

ok, i'm new, but is irrigation broken?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ok, i'm new, but is irrigation broken?

I've noticed that when I irrigate a tile, it has zero effect on the ammount of food it can produce. The docs say plains go from 1 to 2, grassland from 2 to 3. But in my games they stay the same. What's up with that? Is this a known issue?

BTW, this is on a mac, and I have the latest patch.

never mind

ok, i think i figured out what was happening.
    In the early game, I am still under despotism, and a tile that would produce 3 food is reduced back down to 2. So I guess irrigation is pretty usless right now. I guess I'll have to wait until i get a new government to confirm.

Is this correct?

Comment

Yep, correct. Only tiles with bonus food sources (like cattle, wheat, or game on grasses & plains, and also wines on grass), which will already have gotten reduced by the cap, can get above 2 food in despotism. Regular and bonus grasslands are not worth irrigating in despotism at all.

Comment

I think AG gets one extra anyway for the city tile under despot.

Comment

Under despotism, agricultural civs only get their bonus food on the city tile if the city is next to fresh water. (on a river, or next to a lake)

Comment

Yeah, I forgot that part. Not that you would find many start for AG that were not next to water.

Comment

Working...
            X