How do you add units to Civ3:Conquests? Support Apolyton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you add units to Civ3:Conquests? Support Apolyton

I've downloaded a couple the add-on units (B-1 and T-34 specifically) from the site. How do I add them to the game? I added them to the units folder but they don't show up. Any help would be appreciated.

Next, you must go to the Game Editor. There, to the Rules, Unit Tab, scroll to the added units, highlight. Go down to the bottom middle and highlight all CIVs that you want to have 'access' to the added unit. Additionally, check the other settings, like at what time or where on the tech tree will the unit be available, etc.

Again remember that is now a Modded Game, so do a SAVE AS with an new name. Restart your game from CIV Content, scrolling down to the new named MOD and generate your game as usual.

I hope this helps.
    Happy Gaming
    The Graveyard Keeper
    Of Creation Forum
    If I can't answer you don't worry
    I'll send you elsewhere

Comment

I've got them added. But how do I get the proper icons and unit marker working?

And how about the Civilopedia entry?

Comment

How do I get the proper icons? That is another folder with different graphics that approximate the units for to be displayed as markers, in the TechTree (as long as a Tech is designated) and the Civilopedia entry.

This is what I know, not having done it with units, only added 'resources'. It is more involved, requiring some painting skills or good pasting skills. For this I am still learning and will have to beg off to my betters.

However, the Game Modded should still otherwise play, excepting for the above conveniences which I do covet.

I hope this helps, we here on the West Coast are few and the rest are sleeping now soundly; in the morn I am sure more 'help' will be forthcoming.
        The Graveyard Keeper
        Of Creation Forum
        I'll send you elsewhere

Comment

Sorry, I don't follow what you're trying to say.

And anyway, what I have is the B-1B units downloaded from the main site if that helps anyway.

Comment

Does the game play with these units added? Never minding the Civilopedia entries or other in game references.
            The Graveyard Keeper
            Of Creation Forum
            I'll send you elsewhere

Comment

Sort of. It doesn't show the proper unit animations though.

Comment

Originally posted by primetime
                Sort of. It doesn't show the proper unit animations though.
                You need to add an entry in the space labelled Civilopedia "something or other". This will look something like PRTO_Your_Unit.

Next go the Pediaicons.txt file in the Text folder, almost to the bottom of the page. You'll see a bunch of entries that start out as #ANIMNAME_PRTO. Add the name you entered in the editor, so it would be #ANIMNAME_PRTO_Your_Unit for example.

Below that line add the name of the folder that contains the animations etc.

Comment

Thanks. I'll give it a shot

Comment

what's with the "support apolyton" in your thread title?
                    (thanks btw )
                    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Copy and paste error.

Comment

Sometimes a little lie is better.

HOWEVER, in truth 'SUPPORT APOLYTON WHERE FANATICS GET THEIR FIX'.

Noble Toast, drink deep!
                        The Graveyard Keeper
                        Of Creation Forum
                        I'll send you elsewhere

Comment

Originally posted by Willem

You need to add an entry in the space labelled Civilopedia "something or other". This will look something like PRTO_Your_Unit.

Next go the Pediaicons.txt file in the Text folder, almost to the bottom of the page. You'll see a bunch of entries that start out as #ANIMNAME_PRTO. Add the name you entered in the editor, so it would be #ANIMNAME_PRTO_Your_Unit for example.

Below that line add the name of the folder that contains the animations etc.
                          Neither the Civilopedia Entry nor the Unit Animation comes up properly.

Comment

Well lets look at this carefully. Conquest Editor, Open Mod, Rules Tab, Edit Rules. Click Units Tab, find center one-third down the Civilopedia Entry: dialog window. In your newly added units what is there?

Example, for Settler it says 'PRTO_Settler'.

Can we get this far together?
                            The Graveyard Keeper
                            Of Creation Forum
                            I'll send you elsewhere

Comment

Yes, I can add it so that it's there, PRTO_Supersonic_Bomber. However the unit's entry doesn't appear in game.

Comment

Working...
                              X