No announcement yet.

Terrain type to build a city on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's the optional one after medicine that lets you build hospitals.

Comment

Been awhile since I researched it, just slipped out of my mind (like so many things).

Comment

Originally posted by Fistleaf

What about military units dying of disease? Never seen that happen before.
        In a recent game I had an Infantryman in a Barricade on my jungle Coal resource die of disease. Admittedly he had been there for over a hundred years, so it was probably heart disease rather than malaria.

So yes, I can confirm it does happen.
        So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
        Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Comment

have seen militasry units dieing often in jumgles . and also seen the ai lose units to same dieseases
          GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

I think they got the 'units die of disease' a bit wrong. I happens so rare that you will never plan for it, of the same reason it can be highly frustrating when it happens. I would rather have a general 'hostile terrain' flag which had a good change of knocking off the odd HP. (think, 20% change of taking 1 hp, 10% for taking 2hp)

In c3c hostile terrain should include jungle, marshes, desert and glaciers. Such terrain has alway been major obstacles to armies, now they are just another terrain.
            Don't eat the yellow snow.

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1
              Funny I cannot even place that tech. I just think of CivII. I guess I need to look again at the pedia, thanks.
              Sanitation is the tech you research when you have already won the game and pray that some of your citizen from the 35+ city would die as to lessen pollution...
              The Mountain Sage of the Swiss Alps

Comment

Working...
              X