Monarchy vs. Fascism ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monarchy vs. Fascism ?

Well, I found a lot people here say, if you want to go for war, then choose Monarchy.

I am just wonderring, in this case, will Fascism works better for long time war game?

Most of what I have heard is it is not good for much. First you need to learn two optional techs in the industrial age. This can be very detrimental to getting to key techs first and to the next age.

Second your cities can lose pop and that will be expensive. No culture in captured cities until you have the majority.

You will likely be in your second government already and if not religious it will be painful to switch again for very little gain.

If you can afford the side trip to learn those techs, you already have the game in hand.

Monarchy for the rest of the game is best left to Deity and Sid levels. You just do not need to be in war so much that WW is going to break you below that in a normal game.

In fact if not religious, I would not switch to monarchy at all in any game. I would want to be in a form that remove MP, so I can free up those units.

Comment

Thanks for your input, vmxa1, well, actually I don't quite understand what you are saying.

Basically, you say Fascism is not worth going for, better stick with Monarchy, right?

While, I see Fascism can support more units per city, and you can add more military police.

I don't worry too much about loosing pop in city, there too many now, I have to draft some of them to keep the rest happy.

For captured city, I normally raize them and build a new one, except there is a Wonder.

Well, a lot of people here talking about 'religious', what is that? how do I find out? - I am sorry about my dumbness.

Comment

Fascism and Monarchy are not that different. Fascism is slightly better because you get more free unit support, more MP, and a bit less corruption. On the other hand you get the Fascism penalties.

The "if you want to go for war, then choose Monarchy" saying is a leftover from before C3C. Communism, the other warmongering government, is much better than both Monarchy and Fascism in most situations under C3C. Try it.

vmxa1 mentions Religious civilizations because they can switch governments with just one turn of Anarchy.

Comment

hi alexman, would you kindly point out where I can find a detailed comparison between these government?

and, how to give my civ some 'religious'? is it pre-determined by their nationality, or some wonder can turn them into, or some other way?

Comment

Go into your civiliopedia and look about each (or some) nation. You'll see that the game refers them at: Religious, Indistrious, Millitaristic, Commercials, Agricultural, Seafaring.
            Just click on each word, it will give you a small description.

see ya,
            bleh

Comment

Good idea. The civilopedia will also tell you the difference between governments.

Comment

Alexman speaks truth: Communism in Conquests is very powerful.

Almost certainly too powerful, as a matter of opinion.

Though communism is an optional tech like Fascism, it at least allows an improvement that any government will gain benifits from: police stations. So it's not quite the same cost-benifit of researching fascism.

-Arrian
                grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Arrian, what changes has Communism received under C3C that makes it a strong government?
                  Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                  I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

It has received just minor changes. The Secret Police HQ increases the OCN, and the FP increases the OCN more than in PTW.

However, the biggest boost to Communism comes from the new corruption model for the FP for all the other governments, which removes the ability to have two separare cores in your empire.

Comment

Yup. Communism is now relatively more powerful as well as absolutely more powerful. The regular governments were all weakened when the FP was weakened.

I should post the Babylonian game I have going where I decided to experiment with Communism. I own roughly 1/2 the world, and my empire is incredibly productive.

-Arrian
                      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Only if I could understand how the FP functions in C3C

So long...
                        Excellence can be attained if you Care more than other think is wise, Risk more than others think is safe, Dream more than others think is practical and Expect more than others think is possible.
                        Ask a Question and you're a fool for 3 minutes; don't ask a question and you're a fool for the rest of your life! Chinese Proverb
                        Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago. Warren Buffet

Comment

Originally posted by alexman
                          vmxa1 mentions Religious civilizations because they can switch governments with just one turn of Anarchy.
                          I believe it is 2 turns now for Religious civs.

Comment

It's simple.

FP fuctions almost as second core.

It's second core for distance corruption.

But, it's not second core for for rank corruption (how many cities between this that capitol). Still, for this onc, it increases OCN, which reduces effects of this corruption.

Comment

great! now I will switch to Communism, not a bad combination with my selected nation - China,

Comment

Working...
                              X