No announcement yet.

March Madness!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• com was my favorite trait in SP before conquests - mainly because of alphabet-start. now it's less powerful because seafaring get the same advantage bonus plus the additional faster ships.

exp on tiny can be good with a lot of luck, but advantages are limited to the very early game.

but i'll stop now as i don't want to go offtopic here...

rommel, who will be setting up the games? one group for the other or is there a neutral (not playing) person who'll do it or is it up to the RMG?
    - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
    - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

• I' m in. sorry for delay. had to visit my parents for easter
      Diplogamer formerly known as LzPrst

Comment

• Originally posted by sabrewolf
        disabling SGLs would mean crippling scientific civs even more and making another trait "sub-optimal" for PBEMs (besides exp, com).
        Why do you see exp and com as sub-optimal for PBEM?

EDIT: Oops, sorry....I guess I should have read all the posts before asking that question
        So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
        Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Comment

• Re: Re: April Showers

Originally posted by Conqueror
          Well said
          Somehow this comment made me laugh like hell even its true

Fun at civ forums
          A certain PBEM comes to mind, where somebody grew awfully big by eating 2 AIs, while his counterpart was surrounded only by human players.

Comment

• Re: Re: Re: April Showers

Originally posted by Sir Ralph
            A certain PBEM comes to mind, where somebody grew awfully big by eating 2 AIs, while his counterpart was surrounded only by human players.

But the counterpart had to build much more military to beat up the humans, which was a good thing for him in the long run.

(Oh no those Sipahi are coming... again... ... -wakes up- Thank God, it was only a dream... )

Comment

• I think we need to have standardized rules for all the games. It's not fair if one group is playing according to one set of rules with another group playing according to another. Certain exploits can make the game easier, so certain players advancing with this help when it should not normally have been available is unfair to those in the other games.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trip
                I think we need to have standardized rules for all the games. It's not fair if one group is playing according to one set of rules with another group playing according to another. Certain exploits can make the game easier, so certain players advancing with this help when it should not normally have been available is unfair to those in the other games.
                Since your competition in each game plays by the same rules you do, no one gets an unfair advantage.

Of course, if you all play different rules at the beginning, it's going to be hell trying to get everyone to agree in subsequent rounds.

Dominae
                And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

• My problem is that the criteria for advancement are different from game-to-game, and I believe that things should be more standardized.

Comment

• Last man (or woman) standing proceeds to the next round. That's pretty standard.
                    And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

• A certain PBEM comes to mind, where somebody grew awfully big by eating 2 AIs, while his counterpart was surrounded only by human players

But the counterpart had to build much more military to beat up the humans, which was a good thing for him in the long run.

(Oh no those Sipahi are coming... again... ... -wakes up- Thank God, it was only a dream... )

Hmm, it's not always an advantage not to have any neighbours.
                      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

• Originally posted by Dominae
                        Last man (or woman) standing proceeds to the next round. That's pretty standard.
                        works for me
                        Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                        I am of the Horde.

Comment

• Anyone interesting in a quick practice game so this newbie can work out what this is all about?

Comment

• Originally posted by Aqualung71
                            Anyone interesting in a quick practice game so this newbie can work out what this is all about?
                            I'll be glad to help out, provided the game moves fast.

Yes, yes, I like fast games. So sue me. It takes 5 minutes to play and send a turn, I see no reason why it should take more than a day or two for each turn.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dominae
                              Last man (or woman) standing proceeds to the next round. That's pretty standard.
                              If I advance to the next round, I want to play against opponents who has earned their spots by being good Civ players, not because they and a friend triggered their GAs on each other at an opportune moment to take out a 3rd player, or because someone knew how to chain ships together to land an invasion force 30 tiles from where he should have been able to.

Is that too much to ask?

Comment

• Ok, when do you want to start?

Now?

Comment

Working...
                                X