Power of Feudalism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power of Feudalism

Reading the debate about Feudalism in AU forum I realized that it could be very benefitial if we will play a game on that goverment and see how good/bad it is. Because we all will be playing the same game it will be somewhat easier to discuss things.

Feudalism is pop-rushing government that needs to be won early (before industrial) otherwise you will be outproduced when factories/power plants start to roll. Thus, agricultural nation without great offensive UU should work on pangea, standard size.

Here is starting location

Again

Comment

Wow, that's a pretty nice starting location. I bet you could even prove the power of Despotism with this start!

(just kidding)

Comment

Hmm... Need to figure out how to make it in the post itself.

Now two scenarios
        Standard (v1.15) and AU Mod 1.03 (research choices of AI are reworked)

As I mensioned before it is pangea, standard size, everything is average, playable civs: Aztecs, Netherlands, Incas, and Maya.

Feudalism

Zip file contains both versions

I plan to post some results on the week-end because I am like half-way through as Aztecs.

Comment

This looks like an interesting challenge. I don't know if I'll be able to get to it very soon, but since I've never explored Feudalism as a government it's something to try.

However I have a question...as part of the concept do we stay in Feudalism the entire game once we get it?

Comment

as part of the concept do we stay in Feudalism the entire game once we get it?
            Isn't that called suicide? It was not designed for late game use, both Facism and commie are better on every account, aren't they?
            You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by Krill

Isn't that called suicide? It was not designed for late game use, both Facism and commie are better on every account, aren't they?
              That's why I want to know. Though I'd go the democracy route personally.

Comment

If a normal game allows you to swap to another government, then this example is flawed because you have to stay in feudalism for the whole game, since it will not represent a normal game.
                You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

I do not see anything at the link for the zip file?

Comment

vmxa1, what do you mean? Are you not able to download it?

Comment

Must have been a glitch. It is there now.

Comment

Just a quick reply. That start is just way too fast with a Agri civ. I can't think of a way to slow it down.

Comment

Why would you want to slow it down?
                          To make the most of Feudalism, you're going to want a buttload of size 6 towns.

If you're desperate for slower-ness (er..heh) mine one or two of those plains. Mining the hill would be nice, but takes for-ever.

Wheee! A new game! Thanks, man!
                          "Just once, do me a favor, don't play Gray, don't even play Dark... I want to see Center-of-a-Black-Hole Side!!! " - Theseus nee rpodos

Comment

Ok, wow, that is really insane. My bad.
                            Still, I'd much rather have lots of food than shields for squeezing out settlers. This is a tough game and I'm not even out of the ANcient age. And on Monarch. I think I must have gotten lazy or something.

Theseus will be happy to know I've had 2 wars with 3 opponents already and got an Army.
                            Gee, Monarchy or Republic?
                            "Just once, do me a favor, don't play Gray, don't even play Dark... I want to see Center-of-a-Black-Hole Side!!! " - Theseus nee rpodos

Comment

I would like food, just not 10 per turn (it is possible with this start).
                              Another problem is that in feudalism, towns should not be next fresh water. But all the platable civs are agri, so they should be next to fresh water. This means that one of the traits is a hinderance. (All of this is IMHO).

Comment

Working...
                              X