No announcement yet.

Turn Limiter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Americans are a bit weaker now in C3C, since industry trait has been toned down a bit. It is a decent trait still, but bit less.
    So if you are not on a large map, I would not think they are a great choice.

It is hard to go too far wrong with an Ag civ, but most of the new civs have a very early UU and trigger GA's with it or wonders.

Mayan has industry and Ag, but you have to be careful with the UU.

Science is not too bad at higher levels as it helps to get cheap libs and uni's, plus the tech each age.

Comment

Originally posted by Uber KruX
      you can play as long as you like, but your score will not be recorded after the limit.

so if you lose, you lose, but can still keep playing.
      This idea was beared from the genius of SID and luckily we still have it into sequels.

I love this feature more than others and without it never I would have bought even a single copy of Civ series.

Let's let the " game over " concept to games like Arkanoid.

Gunter

Comment

Ducay wrote
        What civ do you recomend?
        Most of my experience is with CivPTW. For power in building, I used to favour any Civ with Industrious, and preferably Religious traits. Egypt was absolutley a kick-ass builder-Civ in this regard.

In C3C, I haven't enough experience with all of the Civs and the rebalancing of traits, so I can't comment. I'd guess that the Mayans are as good a builder-Civ on land as any, Egypt is still good, the Celts are probably fine. On an archipelago map the Carthaginians and Dutch should be good builders as well.

You should also check out the 'Favourite Civs' threads on 'Poly and civfanatics.com for a variety of informed views.

And what land tyoe do you suggest?
        If you like to be left alone while you build, you should either go with archipelago, or a large/huge map with continents. In either case, keep the number of opponents to very few in number, and you'll have lots of time to build.

The other option is to pick a lot of less agressive Civs for your neighbours, set the AI to as low aggression as possible, and use trade with the reapid-researching neighbours to increase your wealth and techs as quickly as possible - this leads to lots of building without having to wait too many millenia.

One last recommendation: once you've completed a few of the games that are tailored to what you like, it is probably a good idea to play a bunch of random-Civ-random-map games to get to know all of the Civs and map types.
        Nothing prepares you better for battle with a Civ than having played it in a game!

Have fun - bvc

Comment

Working...
        X