Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn Limiter

Hey guys,

I am playing a conquest game and I have just been told that the mandantory retirement age is 2050, in 20 turns.
    I am nowhere done with this game, I would like ot play alot more than 20 more turns. Is there any way to extend the game?
    Or if I have to start a game, I have it set to 1000 turns, but I would like longer than that.
    I mean, look at my empire I have been building up.
    In the reply look at my invasion force
    Attached Files

you can play as long as you like, but your score will not be recorded after the limit.

so if you lose, you lose, but can still keep playing.
    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Well, if you haven't turned Domination victory off, you might be able to win by that before time goes out.

For future games (kind of late now), my first suggestion is turn off the luxaries to increase your science rate. With the amount of territory you control, you probably have at least 5 unique luxaries which is sufficent by itself to keep order running a Democracy when combined with a Temple and Market place on Monarch. (On Emperor either a 6th luxary or else Catherdrial would also be needed.)
      1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
      Templar Science Minister
      AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

"I mean, look at my empire I have been building up.
        In the reply look at my invasion force "

How can we look at it, it is not selected and you did not post a save? A thousand turns, you are tenacious.

Comment

Thanks for the help, yah I decided to just play without score.

In regards to my invasion force, I messed up the screenie, but needless to say it was massive and I completly occupied Greece's entire island (light green) and only suffered about 5% loss of my men

Comment

A thousand turns is waaaaaaaaay too long. It nearly doubles the length of the game (and the late game turns typically take longer).

BTW, you might consider some hospitals.
            Seemingly Benign
            Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

there's a trainer taht aeson pointed me to on CFC that apparently rolls back turns. not sure exactly how that works.

Comment

I have to agree with WarpStorm. 1000 turns is two game, at least. If you build hospitals and got larger cities, you could do research faster, build wonders faster and support more units.

I would expect to have all tiles occupied in 1000 turns.

Anyway as long as you enjoyed it, great.

Comment

1000 turns is way to long. Domination should occur no less than 250 turns less than that. There are times that I have wished for a longer game, but then completeing your objectives within the allotted time is pary of the challenge.
                  "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Re: Turn Limiter

Ducay sez
                    if I have to start a game, I have it set to 1000 turns, but I would like longer than that. I mean, look at my empire I have been building up.
                    It is great that you've enjoyed this game so much, have done so well with it, and are enjoying continuing post-2050AD.
                    If you like games with that many turns, I commend your persistence.

Something to consider: now that you have quite a few turns under your belt, check out the Apolyton site thoroughly, especially the Strategy area, to pick up further tips to help your gameplay. You'll probably be able to build similarly great empires in fewer turns. Think: more fun + better success + less time.

No matter how well I have done in Civ games, I've always discovered new things to try and better ways of doing things by reading the posts on these forums. When I started out I thought I was doing well to build 20-city empires and victory over many hundreds of turns. After absorbing many of the thoughts posted here, I am able to do better, and much quicker (e.g. last MP game 80-cities + 200-unit invasion forces in much less than 200 turns).

I like that in forums such as these there's always someone who can show you how to think bigger, and succeed proportionately.

Best of luck - bvc

Comment

Again, thanks for all the great pointers guys.
                      Im thinking that my game might have been 540 and not 1000. But It might have been because as you guys might see, up to when I posted that screenie, no combat had occured yet at all in the game. I spent all my time building up economy and culutre. (My favorite part). Im a real defensive player so I like to build up large empires with lots of troops before lauching an attack that cannot be stopped. That is why I like the island setup of the map, that way I can build on a seperate Island without incoming invasions.

Comment

Its all good.

Comment

Ducay sez
                          I like to build up large empires with lots of troops before lauching an attack that cannot be stopped.
                          Excellent approach. A common mistake some players make is to pick a fight without the means or might to win it and/or survive the resulting war.

One of the Civ players in my household only likes the exploration & building aspects. After the world has been revealed and her empire is huge, she'll pass the game along to another Civ player, who mainly enjoys the war-waging. That way both players have a great time.

Myself, I favour the rapid-build to gain the most productive nation with the best economy, then turn up the war machine to put together a sledgehammer-type army, and THEN I go visit the neighbours in person.
                          Builder-warmonger: best of both worlds.

The most important thing is to enjoy the time you spend playing the game - it sounds like you are there.

- bvc

Comment

It sounds like you guys play a similar sort of game as me. What civ do you recomend? I usually use americans, but am not sure.

Yah, I really do havethe most enjoyment in the building up of an empire.
                            And what land tyoe do you suggest? Im thinking of starting a new game.

Comment

As far as the 1000 turn, well lets just say some like it long.
                              I have done this a fewtime, but now I am in the early attack and quick expansion.

Comment

Working...
                              X