Firaxis: It's Not Fair!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Antrine
    There are a lot of intriging moddng ideas in this thread.
    Thanks guys.

However, personnally I generally like the idea of allowing the AI a few cheats.

Yet, I hope you will not throw the bathtub at me for this.
    I don't mind the AI having a few cheats, but this one is pretty drastic. It can take over a city in peacetime and there'd be nothing I can do about it short of declaring war and taking it back.

Comment

Originally posted by skywalker

When they attacked with the Hidden Nationality unit were there any defenders in the city?
      One time there was and fortunately I had the city fairly well defended so it wasn't able to take it. The last time it happened there wasn't. It was a fairly new city that had come out of a goody hut and I didn't have time to build a defender when the hidden nationality unit suddenly appeared out of nowhere. I hadn't even made official contact with the civ yet.

Comment

I figured out what it is! In some of the Conquests, there are Wonders, SW's, and/or improvements that make it so that you can't attack the city with Hidden Nationality units. One example is the Inquisition (a renamed Forbidden Palace) in the Middle Ages Conquest.

Comment

Originally posted by skywalker
          I figured out what it is! In some of the Conquests, there are Wonders, SW's, and/or improvements that make it so that you can't attack the city with Hidden Nationality units. One example is the Inquisition (a renamed Forbidden Palace) in the Middle Ages Conquest.
          No, that's not the reason. When I first discovered that I couldn't attack, I was going after a city that had just been built. There weas nothing in it except for a Spearman.

Comment

You can't attack cities with hidden nationality units if you aren't at war with that civ. The AI has exactly the same rule in regard to this, they don't get any advantage over you.

Comment

Thanks for the clarification Merepatra.
              "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
              "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Originally posted by Merepatra
                You can't attack cities with hidden nationality units if you aren't at war with that civ. The AI has exactly the same rule in regard to this, they don't get any advantage over you.
                What version are you talking about here? In the beta for the DYP successor (RAR) there are hidden nat. land units, and I have seen cities attacked by them (both empty and non-empty) when I was not at war with anyone. This was under 1.15. I haven't attacked an AI city with them (since they are fairly weak compared to regular defenders, and the AI doesn't seem to leave cities undefended very often.)
                We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness... T. Jefferson "The Declaration of Independence"

Comment

Originally posted by Merepatra
                  That's not true. The last time the AI attacked my city, I hadn't even made official contact with them. Another time we had been at war a short while before but we had already made peace when it attacked with it's Hidden Nationality units.

Comment

Working...
                  X